ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (33/39) > >>

rjbull:
Single pane with hoist and collapse features (guess its called "folding" now) just the way the angels intended it. Haven't seen one of those since the days of MaxThink or Acta, have ya? ;D-40hz (January 04, 2011, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, there's tkoutline  :)  Not, I suspect, as sophisticated.

I own an old copy of Ecco.
--- End quote ---
Long gone freeware, as I expect you know.  I wonder if even the fans have moved on now, as Windows changes and new software appears.

Thanks!

40hz:
re: Ecco

From what I've been hearing InfoQube is a very worthy replacement plus a whole lot more.

:)

superboyac:
re: Ecco

From what I've been hearing InfoQube is a very worthy replacement plus a whole lot more.

:)

-40hz (January 05, 2011, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, definitely.  Pierre designed it after Ecco, but obviously it can do much more.

I'm learning that my notetaking methods involve a lot of different software.  I use IQ for long-term storage, but it's not something I dump a lot of notes into.  For that, I have just started using CintaNotes.  I basically dump everything during the day in there, and later (once a week or so), I'll file these notes away in more organized and serious programs like InfoQube, LSB, whatever the case may be.  Over the past decade or so, I've always needed that one very lightweight and effective note-dumping application.

40hz:
Yeah, I was looking at Outline 4D for its outline features actually, as opposed to its writing features. I am writing scripts for small live acts and while writing the script isn't a problem (yet!) pulling everything together is. Such as props needed, whether or not I have all the needed props or need to procure them, etc. It's the overall picture that is difficult to keep together for each act rather than the writing function itself. Presently I'm using a pretty simple database program, which doesn’t quite meet the needs.

-J-Mac (January 05, 2011, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Why not borrow some old-fashioned technology from the movie people and set up a production "strip board" for yourself. It can make the difference between partial and complete insanity.

Look here for a quick rundown of how it's traditionally done. Then modify it to meet what you need to accomplish.

You could do it in Excel:

Or even just using paper and pencil. (Gone with the Wind and Ben Hur got done that way!)

There are also some moderately expensive (~$200) movie production apps (MovieMagic, Gorilla, etc.) you could use. The better ones integrate with Final Draft and other script writing/formatting apps such that any changes made to the script will automatically update the production board.

Probably overkill for your purposes. But it's nice to know they exist should you ever need them.

Luck!  :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
Thanks 40hz! I'll take a good look at that.   :)

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version