ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (30/39) > >>

40hz:
Be sure you do try it, and really give it a workout before you decide.

I really like the thing. My writing buddy friend (who is a far better writer than me) can't stand working with it. He's strictly an index card type of guy.

I think this is one if those apps you either love or hate. Like DramaticaPro and a many other writer's tools, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground with this stuff.

superboyac:
Be sure you do try it, and really give it a workout before you decide.

I really like the thing. My writing buddy friend (who is a far better writer than me) can't stand working with it. He's strictly an index card type of guy.

I think this is one if those apps you either love or hate. Like DramaticaPro and a many other writer's tools, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground with this stuff.
-40hz (January 04, 2011, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
40hz, what's your gut reaction to this question, you don't have to overexplain it:
Outline 4D vs. Liquid Story Binder ?

40hz:
@Curt - the Writer's Store (www.writersstore.com) has an easier return policy. Standard 30-day if not satisfied, subject to any restrictions by the software publishers themselves on specific products - which are clearly pointed out on the website. They carry most products.  

Good people to deal with. I shop there regularly and I've been very happy with the prices and their service.

:)

40hz:
40hz, what's your gut reaction to this question, you don't have to overexplain it:
Outline 4D vs. Liquid Story Binder ?
-superboyac (January 04, 2011, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Getting a little too long-winded for you huh?  (Overexplain? Me?) ;D

--------------

OK.

If I were buying only one thing:

* I'd go with Liquid Story Binder if I were a fiction or dramatic writer that needed a central place to store my stuff, and some tools to help me create and keep it all organized.

* I'd go with Outline 4D if I were primarily involved with story development and plot brainstorming - or if I were writing a complex book or TV series (e.g. Harry Potter, Alias, Lost, 24, MI5, etc.) where I needed to stay on top of numerous characters, multiple plots or subplots, and story elements.
So my gut? Most folks should start with LSB.

Does that answer?  :)

superboyac:
Excellent!  OK, I'm going to stick with LSB.  I haven't used it yet, but I will very soon, that's why i want to decide beforehand.  Thanks!!  No you're not longwinded, I'm just short-tempered...perhaps you deserve a superboy DC badge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version