ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (25/39) > >>

Curt:
Is Surfulater's license transferable? If so, you can have mine, Curt. After waiting for more than a year, it still doesn't support unicode, on top of other issues.
-mwang (January 02, 2011, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

-I am surprised, because Surfulater does support my special Danish characters, so I didn't wonder if Unicode was fully supported. However, I already have seen this message box too often:

Thank you for your fine offer, but No thank you. Wasting money is part of (my) life ;-)

----
Did you purchase Surfulater.. Yes, I have version 3, I have not upgraded to the newest version - yet. -sazzen (January 02, 2011, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

-the newest version 3.40 is a free update for any owner of a version 3 license.

cyberdiva:
Hi, Curt.  I was surprised by the "No Article Created" message you say you've been getting frequently. I use Surfulater a lot and have never seen that message.    Very strange.  Have you posted a message on the Surfulater support section?  I find that Neville is very responsive.  Except, perhaps, about unicode  :( .  I've found that I can enter, say, characters like é, ñ, ü, and ¿ and see them in the articles I've saved, but if I try to search on a word with one of these characters, I'm not successful.  If the word is in the title, I can find it via the Knowledge Tree Filter, which apparently can handle unicode, but the otherwise terrific full-text search mechanism cannot.  I've been hoping that Neville will fix this.  He claimed back in May that he was working on it, but apparently he hasn't yet been successful.

cranioscopical:
@Curt

Just to understand better, do you have a knowledgebase open when you try that operation?
Have you created one of your own?

As cyberdiva says, I've never seen that myself

Curt:
-I marked the article's text on this Danish page, and right-clicked Surfulater: Add new article.

Nothing else.

I guess it may be due to the lack of Unicode.  :tellme:

tomos:
Just to understand better, do you have a knowledgebase open when you try that operation?
-cranioscopical (January 02, 2011, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

do you need to have a file open in order to clip from the web? (just checking - it's not clear to me from the responses)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version