ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (20/39) > >>

Crush:
SWV to install and export/import temporary games and programs without changing my system directly.
Sequoia View to get my HD under control.

Curt:
PowerGrep, Frink and FARR... timns clearly is a keyboard man ;-) (which I am not), but thanks for telling about Rainmeter; I didn't know about that one.
For unit conversions, I prefer ESB. I use the free version 7.2
-----

I never dared to touch SWV because of the Symantec connection. I instinctively fear it is too complicated for me... But of course it is much more complicated having to re-install the OS because I didn't use SWV or similar... haha.

-----
I just wanted to show an example of what Dynamick-Photo HDR (& PhotoFiltre Studio) can do with a single picture (= "fake HDR"):

original (1024x685 pixels):
Fake HDR (1024x685 pixels):

Edited:
Oops, I forgot: "all rights reserved"! Sorry! Photos removed.

mouser:
very nice.. just another example of how the coolness of "HDR" is 90% just another cool image effect and only 10% the benefit from combining images.

there are going to be cases where real HDR, combining images at different exposures, really does make a difference, when you have really dark and lit areas in a photo that simply can't be adjusted (or not without a ton of manual work) from one photo.  that's when HDR really shines -- when you have half the scene exposed properly in one photo, and the other half of the scene exposed properly in another.

cyberdiva:
Check & Get. I bought this and also Website Watcher to compare. For me, personally, Check & Get seems to do a much better job.
-timns (December 17, 2010, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Looks interesting.  Did you get the Personal or the Professional edition?

Darwin:
Check & Get. I bought this and also Website Watcher to compare. For me, personally, Check & Get seems to do a much better job.
-timns (December 17, 2010, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Looks interesting.  Did you get the Personal or the Professional edition?
-cyberdiva (December 18, 2010, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Personally, I bought the Pro edition and love it (haven't tried/used Website Watcher, though).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version