ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your most used SPECIAL programs

<< < (26/39) > >>

mwang:
I guess it may be due to the lack of Unicode.  :tellme:
-Curt (January 02, 2011, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't have surfulater installed anymore so I can no longer test, but from memory clipping web pages with unicode content isn't a problem. As cyberdiva said, it's the search function that has unicode issues.

Curt:
Just to understand better, do you have a knowledgebase open when you try that operation?-cranioscopical (January 02, 2011, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
do you need to have a file open in order to clip from the web? (just checking - it's not clear to me from the responses)-tomos (January 02, 2011, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

-oh... I had closed the "MyKnowledge"-tab.
Now I opened it and made a new clip, and all is well.

Hmm... MUST I really study the ####ing manual?!!  :-[

J-Mac:
That's odd because I don’t have Surfulator start with Windows yet if I'm browsing and decide to clip a page to Surfulator I just right-click within the browser, Select All, then right-click again and click "Surfulator: Add Article Plus Page". That causes Surfulator to open and get the page copy.

Jim

cyberdiva:
-I marked the article's text on this Danish page, and right-clicked Surfulater: Add new article.

Nothing else.

I guess it may be due to the lack of Unicode.  :tellme:
-Curt (January 02, 2011, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi, Curt.  I opened to the Danish page whose link you provided, highlighted the article (did you do that?), right-clicked Add New Article, and Surfulater added the article, complete with all the Danish letters.   :huh:

cyberdiva:
Curt, I have finally managed to duplicate your "No Article Created" message.  I did so by closing my KnowledgeBase and then closing Surfulater, and then trying to capture an article.  You DO have to have a KnowledgeBase open in order to add an article.  However, I never close the KnowledgeBase when I close Surfulater.  Thus, like J-Mac, I can add articles without first having to open Surfulater.  The act of adding an article will open Surfulater, and since my KnowledgeBase was never closed, it's ready to receive the added article.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version