ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best software communities?

(1/2) > >>

zridling:
There are quite a few communities and services built around software (notably extensions and plugins). For example, Firefox and Opera provide skins and extensions; WordPress has themes and plugins; Drupal is essentially is built for extensibility; and Eclipse has just about anything you can build on top of the platform. Extensibility alone is a major factor in the success of many open source projects.

And then there are behemoths like Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS and Directory Opus, each of whose communities contribute a large share to their success.

So which software apps/projects have the best supported and most vibrant communities?

tomos:
So which software apps/projects have the best supported and most vibrant communities?
-zridling (July 31, 2008, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd say FARR at the moment ;)

Deozaan:
ScreenShot Captor.  :P

40hz:
-zridling (July 31, 2008, 10:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd say FARR at the moment ;)
-tomos (July 31, 2008, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll second that. FARR is the best by....umm... far?
(OMG!!! Cranioscopical's rubbing off on me!!! ;D)

2nd best is probably Ubuntu.

3rd place goes to Debian.

zridling:
Yea, I should have certainly included DC's donationware. There's no better feedback mechanism online than here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version