ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BeyondCompare 3 Released

<< < (11/12) > >>

Darwin:
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Just checked - it's all there already... My fault for having so many context menu items installed that I couldn't see the tree for the forest... Or is that the forest for the trees? If a tree falls in a forest of context menu entries, does it make a noise?

Carol Haynes:
Thanks - I added the options in submenu (originally they were in main menu) and now they appear. Maybe there is a conflict with BC2 in the explorer main menu options because before I shifted BC3 explorer options to a submenu they didn't appear at all ???

mwb1100:
I should have mentioned that when I first tried the explorer integration BC2 started up, but I went into the options and fiddled around (turned them off then back on or something), then the explorer menus opened up BC3.

I suppose that the install doesn't override the existing shell registration (this might or might not be intentional or a bug), but hitting OK in the options dialog forces the issue.

f0dder:
After uninstalling BC2, a lot of files were still left behind. I dropped to a cmd.exe shell to delete them (can't delete files used by active shell extensions with explorer :)), and after I nuked those last traces, it was finally BC3 that was responsible for the "Select left file for compare" etc. shell context menus :Thmbsup:

urlwolf:
Can anybody compare BC3 to any of the powerhouses in linux? For example meld. There are others doing 3-way comparisons too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version