ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software Catalog - What Are You Using & How Do You Like It?

<< < (8/11) > >>

Curt:
- yes, I meant Group into Categories. None of the programs you listed can do that. Of course Damian's can't do so either, it can really do very little, but that is what it is about. The feature that comes with Vista Start Menu Pro from Dennis Nazarenko, or almost any other start menu replacement: "Group by Type". Only, I don't know if any of them can export the resulting list.

For the record: I didn't and I won't recommend Software Database Project. (Damian666 writes some fine programs, but this project seems to go nowhere.) I was merely telling about it - you know, info out into the air, "we are talking about this type of programs, here is one more of almost the same the kind"-info. But come to think of it, this project is so close to being nothing,  that I really shouldn't have told about it in the first place. Sorry!

Edited:
I should have written "Tidy Start Menu Pro" instead of Vista Start Menu Pro [VSM]
- as VSM merely imports these groups from Tidy.

tomos:
The feature that comes with Vista Start Menu Pro from Dennis Nazarenko, or almost any other start menu replacement: "Group by Type". Only, I don't know if any of them can export the resulting list
-Curt (August 06, 2008, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

that's a really good idea Curt - anyone want to contact Dennis with that ? -
if there's no takers I'll do it tonight ( I'm trying not to distract myself tooo much from work :) )

PhilB66:
Owl King Publishing's Software Catalog (mentioned in the List of disc catalogers) does import/export, scans for installed software, sort by category... it's $19.95 but has a 30-day try before you buy option.

J-Mac:
- yes, I meant Group into Categories. None of the programs you listed can do that. Of course Damian's can't do so either, it can really do very little, but that is what it is about. The feature that comes with Vista Start Menu Pro from Dennis Nazarenko, or almost any other start menu replacement: "Group by Type". Only, I don't know if any of them can export the resulting list. (see attachment in previous post)For the record: I didn't and I won't recommend Software Database Project. (Damian666 writes some fine programs, but this project seems to go nowhere.) I was merely telling about it - you know, info out into the air, "we are talking about this type of programs, here is one more of almost the same the kind"-info. But come to think of it, this project is so close to being nothing,  that I really shouldn't have told about it in the first place. Sorry!
-Curt (August 06, 2008, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Curt.  Now the Vista Start Menu Pro is more interesting!  Export would be good though.

Thanks!

Jim

awraynor:
I have AllMySoftware from Bolide Software, scans for your programs and has a nice interface.  At Lifehacker.com they recently did a poll on media managers, some which do software cataloging, overall a nice list of great software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version