ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The InfoWorld Programming IQ Test

(1/3) > >>

f0dder:
A funny little 20-question quiz testing programming/computing knowledge. I scored 80, but deliberately chose the tongue-in-cheek answer to the Ruby question ("Because Ruby programmers are full of themselves") :). I was glad to see that InfoWorld got the answer for "What data type is best for representing figures in dollars and cents?" right.

Give it a try!.

My wrongs: #6 (soda), #10 (ruby - deliberately, I did know the right answer :)), #15 P/NP (yeah, my maths suck), #17 (Kernighan).

mouser:
I got an 80 as well (though i didnt get the ruby one wrong, deliberately or otherwise).
It should be noted this is more of a historical quiz with a few stupid questions thrown in for good measure.

mouser:
i got wrong:
soda, javascript, JIT compiler (i suspected the right answer but didnt go for it), and kernighan.

Stoic Joker:
I got an 80 as well (though i didnt get the ruby one wrong, deliberately or otherwise).
It should be noted this is more of a historical quiz with a few stupid questions thrown in for good measure.
-mouser (July 29, 2008, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Being that I've never been good at history, that may explain my getting a 40. *Shrug* ...That and I'm (completely self taught) not formally educated.

mouser:
This score tells you nothing about how good you are as a programmer.
My finding is that self-taught people are as good as any formally educated coder, except for one major difference:

The formally educated coders often don't obey good coding standards but know that they should be ashamed of it.
The self-taught people often don't obey good coding standards and don't realize they are doing anything wrong.

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version