ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Article: Performance Comparison: C++, Java, Python, Ruby, Jython, JRuby, Groovy

<< < (3/3)

Armando:
I tend to agree with you... at the same time I guess that many programmer with extended experience can probably form an opinion quicker -- especially regarding simple problems/theories/hypothesis -- without the need to spend to much time analyzing. Of course, such "quickness" can also be a trap (during my PhD studies, I've seen so many very capable intellectuals critiquing theories or hypothesis without really trying to deeply understand the whole thing before... Basically, they thought they just "knew" and, more often then not... they were wrong! In this article's case, it's probably a bit different though...)  :)

Regarding this blog post : maybe one should keep in mind that the author seems to have done his experiment just for the sake of curiosity, not to bash a specific language or anything...mean. He also stated that :

I emphasise [sic] once again that I have carefully indicated in the original post that this is but one of many possible microbenchmarks and that you should treat the results as one of many data points. [...] This post compares performance across various languages for a specific micro benchmark (actually it isn’t really a microbenchmark - it is simply a benchmark for a specific piece of logic - but thats [sic] the closest word I could think of).
--- End quote ---

But that doesn't make it more interesting, of course...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version