ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can you live with *just* opera?

<< < (8/12) > >>

Renegade:
Opera + gmail is pure shit. I love Opera and keep trying to use it, but every time I check my e-mail I want to scream and find myself scrambling for file -> exit.
-allen (September 02, 2008, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Opera still has a ways to go with their javascript engine, but honestly --- it's SOOOO much better than IE or FF for speed. FF beats IE for speed with a lot of things though. I've got a site that I administer with IE because IE is simply far superior to FF in so many aspects, but the speed really pisses me off. FF on the site is MUCH faster. But IE works 100%. FF isn't there yet.

However, for a major Internet application like Gmail to not work with the top 4 browsers is just silly. Google has dropped the ball there. There's no excuse for it. When something is THAT popular and bug... errr... I mean big... When it's that big it needs to rise to a bit higher standard.

Real simple:

Switch :: Case...

NTFH. Not That F***ing Hard...

The product manager at GMail is just dropping the ball.

BUG... Errr... I mean BIG surprise! :)

(The U and I keys are just too close. ;) )

tomos:
Google has dropped the ball there. There's no excuse for it. When something is THAT popular and bug... errr... I mean big... When it's that big it needs to rise to a bit higher standard.
-Renegade (September 02, 2008, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

could that be a conscious decision I wonder - especially with their own browser coming onto the market ...

Lashiec:
Opera + gmail is pure shit. I love Opera and keep trying to use it, but every time I check my e-mail I want to scream and find myself scrambling for file -> exit.

Earlier in this thread, it was mentioned that Opera and gmail play well together... what am I missing? Because for me, it hangs for everything. Changing folders is 50/50, reading a message is 50/50. Sending messages? I have about a 5% chance of actually getting it sent. Useless.
-allen (September 02, 2008, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know, really. The old version worked fine from day one on Opera 9.2x, and the new 2.0 design started to work without any trick on Opera 9.5x since a while ago. And it never fails. Perhaps something is misconfigured, like it happened to Anne, or another program in the middle is breaking everything?

Renegade:
Google has dropped the ball there. There's no excuse for it. When something is THAT popular and bug... errr... I mean big... When it's that big it needs to rise to a bit higher standard.
-Renegade (September 02, 2008, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

could that be a conscious decision I wonder - especially with their own browser coming onto the market ...
-tomos (September 02, 2008, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

They won't get into the browser business. It's already crowded and there's no incentive for them to do it other than to set the default page and search engine to them.

Considering that none of the current browsers are truly standards compliant, or truly work, it's likely too much of a pain for them to get into.

If they did, it would likely be for a mobile platform. (Google phone, etc.)

Lashiec:
Ah, that sounds like someone who did not have an Internet connection for a few days :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version