ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can you live with *just* opera?

<< < (5/12) > >>

tonsofpcs:
I don't know about opera, but you can definitely live with just Mozilla. 

Lashiec:
small things - much less control over how tabs work get's me every time I use Opera - also, not an important thing but it was opera brought in that thing where if you click on the open tab, it will go back to the previous tab - that worked for a very short while & hasnt since -
-tomos (July 29, 2008, 04:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, it works all the time, but it's... weird, to say the least. I can't explain how exactly works, but it seems to be a mix between the old behaviour and the default one in Firefox. In any case, it works fine for me, and I prefer it to the old one.

Another thing I cant seem to do is open new typed address in a new page as opposed to in current

--- End quote ---

You can hold Ctrl + Enter to open an address in another tab (+ Shift to open it in the background), but I don't know if this is what you're talking about :)

After using it a bit, I've found the "Awesome Bar" to be surprisingly effective... Opera has autocomplete, but FF3 effectively searches all my browsing history when using the address bar.
-allen (July 29, 2008, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Opera Software should look at Firefox features, evaluate them, see where they can improve their own ones, clone the non-existent ones... and run with it :D

But if I want to clip stuff in Evernote, I have to open Firefox or IE (Not Evernote's fault, Opera doesn't support rich text to the clipboard, no two ways about it). . . probably the biggest Opera issue for me right now.

--- End quote ---

Did you try with the fix reported by tomos?

tomos:
small things - much less control over how tabs work get's me every time I use Opera - also, not an important thing but it was opera brought in that thing where if you click on the open tab, it will go back to the previous tab - that worked for a very short while & hasnt since -
-tomos (July 29, 2008, 04:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, it works all the time, but it's... weird, to say the least. I can't explain how exactly works, but it seems to be a mix between the old behaviour and the default one in Firefox. In any case, it works fine for me, and I prefer it to the old one.
-Lashiec (July 29, 2008, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

eh, you've lost me there Lashiec :P :D
dont know if I described it properly
-
say you look at tab#5, then look at tab#12,
then click on tab#12 again & it would go back to tab#5
(are you talking about the same thing? sounds like something that works or doesnt :))

Another thing I cant seem to do is open new typed address in a new page as opposed to in current

--- End quote ---

You can hold Ctrl + Enter to open an address in another tab (+ Shift to open it in the background), but I don't know if this is what you're talking about :)
-Lashiec (July 29, 2008, 02:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for that  :up:

zridling:
Like Allen, I use FF only as a backup for that one site that doesn't load. Otherwise, I've enjoyed Opera for its broad customizability and cross-platform consistency. My only real gripe is the confusion I experience with keyboard shortcuts. I can never key two different installations the same for some reason. Go figure. Among all of these, I have to hit-and-miss to get all the shortcuts to work (under >Preferences >Advanced >Shortcuts):

- Opera standard
- Opera 9.2 compatible
- Opera Standard for Unix
- Opera 9.2 compatible (modified)
- Opera standard (modified)

Even if I delete them and start over, these variations still proliferate.

mahesh2k:
I have Opera Mini 4.1 installed on my Sony Erricson phone, i'm in search of alternative browser is there any alternative for it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version