ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can you live with *just* opera?

<< < (11/12) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
I'm not sure I understand. CTRL+Roll-the-Mousewheel-Forward/Backward does indeed zoom-in/out in FF3 here, though I admit I have no idea which provides it: FF3 itself or an extension.

Better yet, I use the thumb wheel to zoom in and out, without having to reach for the keyboard (for CTRL).

I also paid for Opera years ago, but it's no longer on my system. I check it out from time to time (with just about every major release), but FF3 is the one for me right now.
-mwang (April 10, 2009, 02:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does the "thumbwheel zoom" enlarge all items (text, pictures, graphics, video windows, etc) or just text? 

I know most (all?) will enlarge/reduce text, but I haven't found any that do it all like Opera does.  Still, I am open to real improvement.  :)

FYI - I modifed my above post for clarity.

mwang:
Does the "thumbwheel zoom" enlarge all items (text, pictures, graphics, video windows, etc) or just text? 
-CodeTRUCKER (April 10, 2009, 03:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Everything. Not just text.

p.s.: Regarding your "clarification": do you really mean "CTRL+Thumbwheel", not "CTRL+Mousewheel"?

Very few mouses have a thumbwheel. I'm using Logitech MX Revolution, which allows me to use the thumbwheel to zoom-in/out on most applications (not just FF), with the help of 3rd-party software. No need to the "CTRL" modifier. When CTRL is involved, then it's Mousewheel that does the zooming.

CodeTRUCKER:

Everything. Not just text.

p.s.: Regarding your "clarification": do you really mean "CTRL+Thumb wheel", not "CTRL+Mouse wheel"? -mwang (April 10, 2009, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use a MS Trackball Explorer.  It is not a "mouse" per se, and one does roll the wheel with one's thumb.

Very few mouses have a thumb wheel. I'm using Logitech MX Revolution, which allows me to use the thumb wheel to zoom-in/out on most applications (not just FF), with the help of 3rd-party software. No need to the "CTRL" modifier. When CTRL is involved, then it's Mouse Wheel that does the zooming.
--- End quote ---

Ah! yes, you are right.  I do remember holding down the left-mouse button and moving the whole mouse, not just a wheel.

The salient information is you have stated that latest version of FF3 has the identical behaviour I described, sans the [CTRL] part. 

I did download FF3 when it was first available and did not find the feature you have identified.  Please be specific how and/or where I will find this in FF3.  I may have to give this another once-over.

Josh:
How and or where? You do the EXACT same sequence as you do in opera. I just tested CTRL+scrollwheel and it works fine on ALL items. This is done without any extensions. Hell, even IE7 does this. I am willing to bet this worked in IE6 as well because I do remember doing such a thing and wondering the first time how/what I did.

CodeTRUCKER:
How and or where? You do the EXACT same sequence as you do in opera. I just tested CTRL+scrollwheel and it works fine on ALL items. This is done without any extensions. Hell, even IE7 does this. I am willing to bet this worked in IE6 as well because I do remember doing such a thing and wondering the first time how/what I did.
-Josh (April 10, 2009, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, you are correct, but on *my* system IE response was/is significantly slower than Opera.  It felt/feels "clunky" for lack of a better word.  I will say that the "Find-as-you-type" toolbar add-on for IE7 is top-notch!  It would be great if Opera could adopt in-page searches the way F-A-Y-T for IE does it.

The bi-cubic rendering is pretty nice too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version