ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can you live with *just* opera?

<< < (6/12) > >>

allen:
I have Opera Mini 4.1 installed on my Sony Erricson phone, i'm in search of alternative browser is there any alternative for it?
-mahesh2k (July 31, 2008, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

This thread is about Opera for the desktop, you'd be better off starting a new thread if you're shopping around for a new mobile browser.  That said, you'll be hard pressed to find better than opera for mobile devices, there's nothing that even comes close.

Lashiec:
eh, you've lost me there Lashiec :P :D
dont know if I described it properly
-
say you look at tab#5, then look at tab#12,
then click on tab#12 again & it would go back to tab#5
(are you talking about the same thing? sounds like something that works or doesnt :))
-tomos (July 30, 2008, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, oki doki. I thought you were talking about the new option in Opera 9.5, which is similar to the default one in Firefox, but from the way it works, it looks like they mixed both options (as sometimes it jumps to the next tab, and others to the last activated tab).

In any case, the method you mention should work with problems. A bug maybe?

tomos:
In any case, the method you mention should work with problems. A bug maybe?
-Lashiec (August 03, 2008, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

nope, hasnt worked (for me) since a version last year sometime (sorry couldnt tell you which one exactly)

urlwolf:
Has anyone tried IE 8? Maybe we are past due for a surprise from microsoft.

urlwolf:
Just tried it for a few mins... supremely bad. No way to undo closed page. Horrible interface, need to dig into internet options for seconds just to not find what you are looking for.

Pathetically slow going back to previous page (no catching? OH MY GOD! ).

FF and Opera (maybe Safari) have left IE in the dust completely. And still IE has the largest market share, and every web development firm has to do contorsions to adapt to this monstrosity.

We should do something about it. A public demonstration or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version