Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 31, 2014, 12:34:04 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FARR alias: Quick Outlook Task  (Read 54405 times)
stannen123
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2011, 10:34:11 AM »

Looks like there hasn't been much activity on this thread, but I just discovered this add-in and it looks awesome!  One question - is it possible to create a task without start and due dates?

Thanks.
jpijper
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »

Glad you like the utility! On the previous page, in an answer to someone else, I attached a version of do.exe that supports a /nodate switch.

Jan Roelof
stannen123
Participant

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:04 AM »

Hi Jan,

Wow - quick response - thank you!

I didn't see a post with the download, but I got version 1.5 from your donationcoder.com page - is that the latest?  I tried the /nodate switch and it didn't work.  My test from the command line was:

do This is a test /cat testcat /high /nodate

Thanks again.

skip
jpijper
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »

No, that's not the one - I forgot how to get access to my donationcoder.com page.
Try the one attached here. It also supports a /location switch.

Jan Roelof

* do.exe (49 KB - downloaded 127 times.)
stannen123
Participant

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2011, 11:19:59 AM »

That one works perfectly - this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Thanks for your help and the really quick responses!

skip
jpijper
Supporting Member

« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2011, 11:23:27 AM »

Thank you!
matarile
Participant

« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »

Hi Jan,
Some I can not make the /total work switch work, for intance: when type "do Mow lawn /due sat /cat house /totalwork 2" in the FARR box, I get a message saying "No task or appointment seleted". In fact everytime I tried to use the total work switch when creating a new task, I got the same message.  

Please Help!

Matarile
jpijper
Supporting Member

« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2012, 12:55:09 AM »

Hi Matarile,

I'm sorry you are having trouble, but I cannot reproduce the error you get. If I give the exact same command "do Mow lawn /due sat /cat house /totalwork 2" the task is created as expected.

I suggest that you try downloading the version that I included as an attachment to a reply to someone a few posts back and see if perhaps that one works better.

Please keep me informed - I want this to work for you!

Jan Roelof
matarile
Participant

« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2012, 07:34:49 PM »

Thanks for your quick response Jan,
I did as you said...downloaded the attachment herein and replaced the "do.exe" file of my FARR portable folder with this one, then tryed to create the following task (taken from one of your examples):
"do Mow lawn /due sat /cat house /totalwork 2"
 After this, the following message appeared: "No task or appointment seleted" (please check the file attached).  I don't know if actually matters, but I am on WIN 7 and Outlook 2010 running a  portable version of FARR  from my flash drive.

Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it!

Matarile

* Error.jpg (25.67 KB, 819x460 - viewed 143 times.)
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.01 ]