ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR alias: Quick Outlook Task

<< < (13/22) > >>

jpijper:
Version 1.4.2 is now available.

This version finds email containing the string given.

/mf or /mailfrom looks in the from field.
/ms or /mailsubject looks in the subject.
/mb or /mailbody looks in the subject and the body.

Enjoy  :)

s.newave:
Wow the functionality of this alias keeps growing, great work! Maybe you should change the name to QuickOutlook ;).

Also to elaborate on my feature request above as i am re-reading it now and it seems a little vague. My idea was to add a switch like /email where you could enter in the name(s) of ppl in your contact list that you wanted to email and this would open up a new email msg with the person(s) email address already filled in. You could also potentially add a /subject and /body switch so that you could do something like:

do /email "john doe" "nancy smith" /subject painting /body when are we going to paint the house

which would pop a new email msg with the email addresses, subject and body filled in and you could just hit send. Another cool idea would be to add a /send switch so if you wanted to shoot off a quick email you could use "do /email jane /subject see you at dinner /send" which would send out the email instead of popping up the new email dialog.

jpijper:
Also to elaborate on my feature request above as i am re-reading it now and it seems a little vague. My idea was to add a switch like /email where you could enter in the name(s) of ppl in your contact list that you wanted to email and this would open up a new email msg with the person(s) email address already filled in. You could also potentially add a /subject and /body switch so that you could do something like:

do /email "john doe" "nancy smith" /subject painting /body when are we going to paint the house

which would pop a new email msg with the email addresses, subject and body filled in and you could just hit send. Another cool idea would be to add a /send switch so if you wanted to shoot off a quick email you could use "do /email jane /subject see you at dinner /send" which would send out the email instead of popping up the new email dialog.
-s.newave (August 06, 2008, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll think about this. Meanwhile, do you know about the core "email" aliases? You can already do something like "email [email protected] subject". That comes really close.

s.newave:
I'll think about this. Meanwhile, do you know about the core "email" aliases? You can already do something like "email [email protected] subject". That comes really close.
-jpijper (August 06, 2008, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

It comes close but fails miserably due to the fact that it only works for email addresses you know. The great thing about your program is that it interfaces with outlook directly and you only have to know the name of the person and not their email address which can sometimes be very convoluted.

Please consider adding this if you can, it would definitely be something i and i'm sure others would use daily :D.

jpijper:
Version 1.5.0 is now available.

This version adds full support for creating, updating and deleting appointments as well as tasks.

To create a new appointment, add a start time and/or an end time, as follows:

do Meet with Bob /starttime 14:00 /endtime 15:00, or
do Meet with Bob /st 14:00 /et 15:00.

If you give only a start time or an and time, a duration of one hour is assumed.

Updating and deleting work the same as before, but now also for appointments:

do Meet /del, or
do Meet /update /tomorrow

will give you a list with all tasks and appointments containing the string "Meet" or "meet".
You can then use the arrow and Enter keys to navigate the grid and select the item you want.

There are various other minor changes:
<ul>
<li>New date string "nextweek". Example: do test /due nextweek</li>
<li>Time strings are more flexible: 16:00 or 1600 or even 16 are all OK.</li>
<li>/displaycontacts or /dc</li>
<li>/version or /ver</li>
<li>/settings or /set</li>
<li>The /task has been renamed to /file.</li>
<li>There is now a setting that makes the use of slashes to indicated command-line switches optional.
You may like this, but use with care. Example: "do Meeting with Bob tomorrow st 1400"
</li>
</ul>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version