ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR alias: Quick Outlook Task

<< < (7/22) > >>

Armando:
Cool!  :up:

Armando:
This is nice stuff.

jpijper:
Version 1.3 of the Do alias is now available through http://jpijper.dcmembers.com/QuickOutlookTask.html.

Apart from some bug fixing and a couple of smaller improvements, it is now also possible
to do a few things that are not immediately supported in Outlook:

You can save an existing task as an appointment.
You can create tasks predefined in a file - your own frequently used tasks.

s.newave:
Wow, great work jpijper! Having a little trouble with v1.3 though. Everytime i try and execute anything like add new task, display contact etc i get the error below:

Also i think it would be very helpful to add a ? or /help switch that would display all the different switch options inside farr. You should also consider making this a plugin so that you can take advantage of the auto-update feature.

jpijper:
Wow, great work jpijper! Having a little trouble with v1.3 though. Everytime i try and execute anything like add new task, display contact etc i get the error below: ...-s.newave (August 03, 2008, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, newave, it's very nice of you to call this great work. A little trouble? It seems that you can't do anything at all. The simplest thing one can do with the program is add a task, and even that apparently won't work for you. :mad: The error reports that you include unfortunately are no help to me at all, so can you answer the following questions:

- What is your operating system and Outlook version? This has been developed only for Windows XP and Outlook 2003.
- Do you have Outlook running when you try to add a task through the alias?
- What exactly happens when you give the command "do test" ?
- You say that you are having problems with v1.3. Does that mean you also tried earlier versions and that they worked?

I promise that I will get this to work for you!

Also i think it would be very helpful to add a ? or /help switch that would display all the different switch options inside farr. -s.newave (August 03, 2008, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, in fact, that switch is already there. You should already get help when you type "do /help" or "do /h" or "do /?". Only, it isn't much yet. You are right, the thing is expanding so fast, online help is important.

You should also consider making this a plugin so that you can take advantage of the auto-update feature.
-s.newave (August 03, 2008, 12:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

This I am not going to do. I strongly believe in keeping responsibilities separatated. The functionality offered by do.exe is independent of FARR. FARR is a quick-launch utility, whose task is to facilitate the quick launching of programs, such as do.exe, and it does that well. But other similar launch utilities, such as Launchy, can launch do.exe equally well. Or you can launch do.exe through Win-R, or from the command line in a DOS window. If I turn this into a FARR plugin it becomes a FARR-only thing, and it isn't. This is just how I feel about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version