ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR alias: Quick Outlook Task

<< < (5/22) > >>

jpijper:
jpijper would you like web/ftp space on dcmembers.com? then you could upload your always most recent version there instead of with an attachment?
-mouser (July 28, 2008, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a good idea mouser. Please explain how this works and I will do that. Thanks.

jpijper:
This is very good, jpijper.  :Thmbsup:

Maybe you could edit your first post to include the latest version in it (so that people don't mistakenly install the older one)?

With all these little tools, farr is becoming the primary interface with which I interact with the different software on my computer!
-Armando (July 28, 2008, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Armando. Please let me know if you have ideas for additions, changes, whatever. Also bugs, like crashes on wrong input and such.

mouser:
by the way it works GREAT here.  really nice work.

Armando:
It works really great here too.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

If there were (**non essential**) additions, the only thing I see :  more switches for those (like me...) who work with other common task fields, like : mileage, billing, company, contact, etc.

At the same time, maybe would this defeat the primary purpose of that alias (errrr.... plugin???)? : quick task entries... But, contrarily to most users and developers, I'm always for more options and flexibility...  :-[

jpijper:
If there were (**non essential**) additions, the only thing I see :  more switches for those (like me...) who work with other common task fields, like : mileage, billing, company, contact, etc.
-Armando (July 28, 2008, 07:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Especially for Armando and other task freaks, an updated version with every switch I could find, plus the ability to update existing tasks - not much use marking a new task as completed ... ;)

The attached zip file contains only do.exe and the updated readme.txt. I am postponing publishing this update to a wider audience until mouser makes web/ftp space available, and hopefully I have some feedback by that time, so I can eliminate any pesky bugs - I admit I am kind of rushing this out, need to go on with my regular job.

From the readme:

Updating existing tasks
-----------------------

It is not possible to create a task with a subject that already exists. If you try to create
a task with an existing subject, the program assumes that you want to update the existing task
with the new information - but you will be asked for confirmation. Only task properties that you
have given new values for will be changed, the other properties remain as they are.

For instance, if you want to change the priority of the "Paint house a nice bright pink" task in the example above
to "high", you just type "do Paint house a nice bright pink /p high". The program asks you if you
want to update the existing task "Paint house a nice bright pink". If you answer yes, the task is
updated: the priority is changed from "normal" to "high", and the start and due dates remain as
they are. If you answer no, no task is created.

If you find "Paint house a nice bright pink" too long, you could also type "do Paint /p high.".
The program sees that there already is a task that starts with "paint" and asks you if you want
to update the task "Paint house a nice bright pink". If you answer yes, the "Paint house a nice
bright pink" is updated. If you answer no, a new task "Paint" is created.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version