ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR alias: Quick Outlook Task

<< < (3/22) > >>

Armando:
Something is definitely going on...  :)
I still get three folders (2 with nothing valuable...) in your archive when I open it in various programs like 7-Zip, WinRar and WinZip.
I tried creating the archive myself and it's fine.
So here's one with the Readme file (created with 7-zip). Does it show only one folder ?

jpijper:
Thanks Armando. I admit I am mystified. When loaded into my copy of winzip both files look the same to me, but I installed 7-zip and there I see the empty folders. So here is the zip file once more, hopefully without empty folders and with the correct version of the alias file.

Armando:
Yup! that works well!  ;D

BTW, thanks again jpijper : it's really nice to see new participants/members to contribute with their time and such useful stuff!  :up:

Shades:

And yes, I would also like to be able to give some more info, as you suggest, including the date and if a reminder should be set, but this is all that the do.exe application allows, as far as I know. Maybe I'll try to write a small application myself that will allow this. That would be fun, but I will have to find the time - I have never interacted with Outlook from a program before.

-jpijper (July 26, 2008, 01:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

/rant
All is quite fine and dandy with outlook until you need interaction with MAPI and encryption/decryption. There are actually two versions of MAPI (Simple and Extended). Simple is supported by everything and their grandmother...Extended is only supported by Outlook. You will spend days if not weeks to find conflicting answers on MSDN, blogs from their members and other (obscure) support channels that are contradictory at best.

MAPI is the Microsoft translation for the word hell!
/rant

Looks like a very interesting Alias you have created here  :)

jpijper:
/rant
All is quite fine and dandy with outlook until you need interaction with MAPI and encryption/decryption. There are actually two versions of MAPI (Simple and Extended). Simple is supported by everything and their grandmother...Extended is only supported by Outlook. You will spend days if not weeks to find conflicting answers on MSDN, blogs from their members and other (obscure) support channels that are contradictory at best.

MAPI is the Microsoft translation for the word hell!
/rant

-jpijper (July 26, 2008, 01:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

You make this sound very attractive :)-Shades (July 27, 2008, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version