ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR alias: Quick Outlook Task

<< < (2/22) > >>

jpijper:
What I did to make it work :

1- I only used the "Quick Outlook tasks" folder found in the archive -- not the 2 other folders (I'm not sure why they were included -- they should probably be removed).

2- I extracted (dragged and drop) this "Quick Outlook tasks" folder in :

%your program files folder%\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom\

So that it looks like (in my system):

C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom\QuickOutlookTask

3- Should one restart farr after that...? Farr crashed here... But when I restarted it, the alias worked as expected!  :up:

so

--- ---do my favorite task
created a task called.... my favorite task

Now, this thing doesn't seem to be open source, but it would have been nice if it was possible to add other info (comma or semicolon separated, maybe) like : task; priority; multiple categories; etc.
-Armando (July 26, 2008, 12:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm glad you got it to work Armando!

Ad 1. What other two folders do you mean? In the archive there is only the QuickOutlookTask folder and one subfolder for the icon.

Ad 2. Extracting to the Custom folder also works, yes - it means you can edit the alias if you want.

Ad 3. I don't know enough about FARR to know if FARR should be restarted. It may be that FARR only reads the pre-installed aliases at program start and in that case it should be restarted. Maybe Mouser could give us a "Reload all Aliases" button as there is for the plugins.

And yes, I would also like to be able to give some more info, as you suggest, including the date and if a reminder should be set, but this is all that the do.exe application allows, as far as I know. Maybe I'll try to write a small application myself that will allow this. That would be fun, but I will have to find the time - I have never interacted with Outlook from a program before.

jpijper:
This is a small update of the QuickOutlookTask alias:

1. The zip-file now contains a readme file.
2. The DOS window no longer flashes across the screen when the alias is used, thanks to the /WINHID parameter thoughtfully provided by mouser  :)

mouser:
Great.. very helpful.
As Armano says you've got some empty folders in your zip file.. not sure what zip program you are using to create the archive but this screenshot shows contents of zip file:

jpijper:
I am using WinZip 9 and I do not see any empty folders in the archive. I don't know what is happening. What zip program had I better use? And how do I get images displayed here :-[

mouser:
winzip is perfectly fine.  something else must be going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version