ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR alias: Quick Outlook Task

(1/22) > >>

jpijper:
I use Outlook tasks quite a lot, for serious tasks, to-do lists, but also quick reminders. Today I stumbled across "QuickOutlookTask", a small command-line utility that allows you to quickly add an Outlook task. You simply type something like "do new outlook task" (command line, or Windows Run) and this creates a new Outlook task with subject "new outlook task". Outlook needn't even be running. See http://www.megalab.it/articoli.php?id=1288.

Well, a couple of days ago I discovered FARR and quickly fell in love with it (kudos, mouser :Thmbsup:) and I wanted to have this through FARR. So I wrapped this functionality in a FARR alias, and this is my attempt to pass it on to you.

Please extract the files in the zip-file to AliasGroups\Installed in your FindAndRunRobot installation folder. You should now have a FARR alias "do" and should be able to create an Outlook task by hitting your FARR hotkey and then typing "do something" (sans quotes). I  hope I am doing this right, because I am new to this game.

PLEASE NOTE:  The latest version of QuickOutlookTast is available at http://jpijper.dcmembers.com.

lanux128:
nice work, jpijper. try to add a screenshot so that mouser can list this on Farr's addon page. :)

mouser:
It would be nice to include a readme with brief instructions and pointing people to the original location of the dll and do.exe files.

Armando:
Nice. I was using these, before... But I'll try this way too as it might be more efficient.  :up:

Armando:
What I did to make it work :

1- I only used the "Quick Outlook tasks" folder found in the archive -- not the 2 other folders (I'm not sure why they were included -- they should probably be removed).

2- I extracted (dragged and drop) this "Quick Outlook tasks" folder in :

%your program files folder%\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom\

So that it looks like (in my system):

C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\MyCustom\QuickOutlookTask

3- Should one restart farr after that...? Farr crashed here... But when I restarted it, the alias worked as expected!  :up:

so

--- ---do my favorite task
created a task called.... my favorite task

Now, this thing doesn't seem to be open source, but it would have been nice if it was possible to add other info (comma or semicolon separated, maybe) like : task; priority; multiple categories; etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version