ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

ASP Error 0126 -vs- Firefox

(1/3) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Okay... I'm sure most folks will recognize ASP 0126 as the (server side) include file pathing error. The "catch" here is that not only is the path correct, the page loads flawlessly when using IE (5, 6, or 7).

Firefox on the other hand is tossing out the an ASP 0126 error (apparently) all by itself... Now how the hell a browser is managing to run afoul of a Server Side Script I've not a clue.  But I'm open for suggestions if anybody has an idea on what may be happening.

Thank You,
Stoic Joker

f0dder:
Obviously firefox itself isn't going to bring up an ASP error, since that's done serverside. And I would be surprised if FF sends a regular HTTP request differently than IE (do check your server logs, though).

Is there any (clientside) scripting involved? Perhaps there's a subtle difference leading to a different page being requested? Or perhaps a cookie is being blocked?

Stoic Joker:
Hence my quandry...

The visitor that reported the error was using Firefox, Safari, & OSX 10.5. Now Safari borking anything doesn't surprise me, but Firefox is written by folks that actually know what they're doing. And as already stated it's (an include statement in) a Server Side script (nothing client side)...which is supposed to make the scenario impossible. The site at that point uses only the browser session info, and the page just loops back to itself with SQL querys for different product types (e.g. it's really basic).

*Sigh*

I verified the page was working (in case the server glitched) and all was fine (in IE), I stepped outside the building (server is in-house) and tried the page from my home office which was also IE & fine. Our primary web developer (I'm more the server admin/backup coder), who always runs FF on a test machine, went to the site while we were on the phone and said it did indeed fail (ASP 0126) when loaded in FF ... even tho it was loading fine for me in IE.

So... Site broken -> Owner of company staring at me -> standing there with my D**k in my hand.

...Happy Times ...Not!

I know it "Can't" happen, but I've got a credible source verifying that it is happening.

justice:
Does this help: http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum47/1620.htm make sure you use forward slashes where appropriate, IE might be more lenient.

f0dder:
Again, have you checked server logs to see if FF does request differently from IE?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version