topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 7:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Vista Gadget Guru Wanted-HELP!  (Read 3559 times)

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Vista Gadget Guru Wanted-HELP!
« on: July 19, 2008, 04:53 PM »
I don't know if this is the forum section to post this in, but the description of the forum best suits what I am looking for.

I have a Vista sidebar gadget called "Proweather".  It is quite simply the best weather gadget there is, hands down.  Here is the link:

http://gallery.live....00&bt=1&pl=1

This thing is incredible.  It works perfectly for me except for one small, but completely necessary feature, the weather maps/images will not display.  I have tried everything, disabled firewall, connected to cable modem with no router, set permissions on the relevant folders, uninstalled it then reinstalled it under the "Super Administrator" account, I have even tried looking at the XML or whatever code it is, but of course it's all "Greek" to me.

I have tried other weather gadgets, none come even close.  No one seems to be making gadgets anymore, yet they are incredibly convenient, probably one of the better features of Vista.  PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! :)

Before this devolves into an MS hater/Vista hater discussion, don't.  If you have nothing constructive or helpful to add, don't.  I don't want this to be a discussion like so many other discussions all over the 'net where folks try to one up each other by hating MS or Linux this or blah blah Ad Naseum. 

I am asking for a little help to find the problem, or at least to get some debugging info so I can figure out why this isn't working.  Thank anyone in advance for any help that can be given.  I have the gadget here, or it can be obtained from the link above.