ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Table Data Search Plugin for FARR - closed

<< < (2/9) > >>

czb:
CatamountJack:
Hi and thanks for your message. Every testing and bug finding is welcome ;)
The first time I type in "tds" in FARR, it works pretty much as expected (in that it comes up and does its filtering thing).  The second time I bring up FARR and type "tds", it brings up matches to "tds" instead of firing the plugin.  At this point my processor pegs at 100% (or at least one core is) and I'm unable to close FARR until I kill the process.
--- End quote ---
I really do not know why this happens. Maybe Mouser would know...

I'm also periodically getting a popup-bubble in my system try that says "1 File not found".  In my \Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\pluginlog.txt I see numerous entries to the effect of:

03:05 PM, Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Table_Data_Search\FScript.dll
1 File not found

I checked and FScript.dll is located in the \Plugins\Table_Data_Search\ directory.   Edit:  This seems to happen only after I modify the "File Settings" and click the "submit" button.
--- End quote ---

Are the file settings being saved even with that error message?

czb:
Also if you could open fscript.js and replace error("1 "+err.description); with error("1 "+err.description+" "+file); then reload plugins and paste here what error you get. thanks  :Thmbsup:

czb:
also make sure you have the latest FARR version ;)

CatamountJack:
I'm running FARR 2.24.01.  When I changed the line in fscript.js, it was referencing the name of a file that no longer existed in that folder (I had since changed the name to not include spaces, trying to see if that made any difference in the other issues).  I deleted the settings.josn in \MyLocalData\Table_Data_Search\ and that seemed to fix that problem as long as I don't change the file name.  Interestingly, the settings were still being saved.

The program lock-up on the second use of "tds" still occurs, even so.

On another note...  I'm using this plugin to look up names and addresses in a CSV file.  When I search for something, though, all of the data for that particular line appears in the first cell.  I have the columns set up in File Settings to match the data.  There is no header row in the CSV file.  The original CSV file also had quotation marks around some of the data, so I manually removed them all, but it made no difference.

My column titles are entered as:

Type,Tech Number,First Name,Last Name,Nickname,Address 1, Address 2,City,State,Zip,Home Phone,Cell Phone,Office Phone,Fax Number,Beeper,E-mail Address,Hire Date

Perhaps I've set up something wrong?

mouser:
i think the trick is that you have to configure the regex expression for this file to be like
(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*),(.*)

in other words, one capture group for each column, separated by commas -- i think that is the regular expression pattern for a csv.

it might be nice if the plugin would let you tell it that the data is CSV then it wouldnt need a regex pattern from you and could handle quoted items -- which would otherwise be impossible or hard just using regex.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version