ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Van Zant CD taking a beating for containing this Sony Rootkit thing.

<< < (4/4)

Mark0:
Even better:

Sony Caught Using "Fake" Graffiti to Promote PSP

Reports on the interwebs indicate that Sony or its ad agency has paid graffiti artists to spray paint images of little kids playing with PSPs in at least five U.S. cities: Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
--- End quote ---

Real graffiti artists reacted "fixing" the drawings:

:D :D

Bye!

Mark0:
It seems that Sony appears more stupid every day:

As seen on Digg: CNET News.com - New Sony CD security risk found
The danger is associated with copy-protection software included on some Sony discs created by a company called SunnComm Technologies. The vulnerability could allow malicious programmers to gain control of computers that have run the software, which is typically installed automatically when a disc is put in a computer's CD drive.
--- End quote ---
Note that this issue affect others CD than those involved in the last stories!

Bye!

f0dder:
:up: for greedy corporations  :-*

Carol Haynes:
Even more hilarious - their uninstaller had a security issue too ...

#4.  If I have previously uninstalled the SunnComm MediaMax software from my computer, is my computer at risk?
We have been alerted that the tools provided to uninstall the SunnComm MediaMax content protection software provided prior to October 5th, 2005, can result in a potential security risk. If you have uninstalled your SunnComm MediaMax software prior to that date, we recommend that you run the new uninstaller software available here or follow the instructions below.
--- End quote ---

(see FAQ page on link quoted above)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version