ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder/Veign Programming Contest Results Posted

<< < (3/10) > >>

Gothi[c]:
Thanks mouser and veign for making this contest possible, and thanks to the contestants for giving us a few new exciting apps!  :Thmbsup:

I still think these need to be advertised better.
I had to look for a while to find this thread.. ;)

VideoInPicture:
WOW, that webcam signature program is super awesome! I wish I had a webcam so I could use it ;) Great Idea anyway  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-housetier (July 22, 2008, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. I actually have a new version of Webcam Signature on my computer that utilizes the YUV color space instead of the RGB color space to give it greater robustness but I have to finish the rough edges and I'm focusing my efforts to rewrite Circle Dock so it may not get out for a month or two.

As for the other guys in the competition, great work! Also, think you guys could write up some articles on how the code behind your programs work?

Eóin:
Also, think you guys could write up some articles on how the code behind your programs work?
-VideoInPicture (July 23, 2008, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's not a bad idea, documenting code is always something left undone which for an open source project would actually be very helpful.

hollowlife1987:
Congrats Eoin for winning the MSDN prize and my source is messy and not well commented (my weak points) but i would be glad to give it out to people who are interested in it.
I do plan on making a stand alone web server for any asp.net site in the future based off of this project's webserver :)

Edit:
Also i showed ya guys projects to a few people and they seem interested in them, my bro really likes Eoin's project and circular dock

2nd Edit:
I don't like giving my source out publicly but if you send me a PM i'll link ya to the source for who ever is interested in it :)

mouser:
It might be worth pointing out that Eoin's Halite open source bit torrent client was just featured on LifeHacker today:
http://lifehacker.com/399130/halite-does-super+lightweight-bittorrent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version