Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 31, 2014, 10:49:52 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: August 2008 Discounts  (Read 11363 times)
cthorpe
Discount Coordinator

c++thorpe

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 05, 2008, 10:19:44 PM »

This Month's Special Discounts and Giveaways:
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 11:12:06 PM »

Three cheers for Carl -- there would be no discount this month if not for him -- he decided on his own to make sure you guys got some good stuff this month, and went out and arranged it.  Carl, you rock.  Kiss
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:28:46 AM »

if this were to be in the DC chat-room. Deozaan would have made a welcome quote "all hail cthorpe, the mighty discount finder!". smiley seriously, a good job though that BC is looking very tempting at 40% knock-down.

simakuutio
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 12:56:30 AM »

... And done. Used my very first discount by DC... \o/ Beyond Compare is just getting better and better and I have no reasons not to buy it especially when I'm using it quite regularly. Great stuff!

CWuestefeld
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 07:59:26 AM »

I'm considering BC as well.

As a public service, since their web site doesn't show prices until the product is in the cart, here are the prices I see (as of the morning of 8/6/2008) for the Windows version:
  • Pro
    • Regular price - $50
    • Discounted - $30
  • Standard
    • Regular price - $30
    • Discounted - $18

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 08:46:56 AM »

you can also click 'purchase' on top then select 'pricing' from the menu on the left. smiley

Jibz
Developer

Cold Warrior

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 09:39:27 AM »

Which once again makes it cheaper to buy a new license (pro) than to upgrade .. guess that will be my 3rd one then.

"A problem, properly stated, is a problem on it's way to being solved" -Buckminster Fuller
"Multithreading is just one damn thing after, before, or simultaneous with another" -Andrei Alexandrescu
TheQwerty
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 04:32:01 PM »

This is some absolutely fantastic news!
Great job cthorpe!

I'm hoping to make good use of both.
I've always been interested by Jungle Disk, but never made that leap, this was just what I needed to give me that push.
And BC3!!!  I was planning on upgrading anyhow, but because of the discount I ended up getting a second license as well.

Thmbsup
mwb1100
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 05:21:28 PM »

Which once again makes it cheaper to buy a new license (pro) than to upgrade .. guess that will be my 3rd one then.

Note that the DC discount is stackable with the upgrade - you can upgrade from BC2 to BC3 Pro for $21 (or upgrade to BC3 Standard for $9 I suppose).
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 12:47:46 PM »

let's not forget that people can enter the drawing to win these programs: http://www.donationcoder.com/Specials/index.html
TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 05:25:46 PM »

I'd jump right in if I didn't already own both smiley

So I'll just save my chances for a later drawing Cool
gwynevans
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 03:37:57 PM »

Hmm - yet again I forgot to check DC before upgrading - this time from BC2 to BC3 Pro!  embarassed
lancea
Supporting Member

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 07:35:53 PM »

Thanks very much this this discount. I already own UltraCompare, but one can never have too many comparison utilities.   BC does some things that UC doesn't (and perhaps vice versa?). So it will be an interesting comparison ...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 09:48:24 AM »

Just a reminder, today is the last day for members to enter the giveaway drawing: http://www.donationcoder..../Specials/freedrawing.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0.11 ]