ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wordle: Create Beautiful Word Clouds

(1/6) > >>

app103:
Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends.
--- End quote ---

This is a Java applet, so you will need Java installed and enabled in your browser, to be able to use this.

In order to save the images, you will need to make a screenshot. (If you don't already have something for that, this would be a great time to try mouser's Screenshot Captor)

http://wordle.net/

mouser:
wow these are beautiful.
the above picture is generated from our last newsletter.

tomos:
wow is right
looks really great :up:

Stoic Joker:
Man that's got to be handy as hell for something ... I'm not sure what ... But I'll save the link till I find out ;)

mouser:
you know what would be cool is if we added a mod for the forum so you could ask it to generate a cloud (or just the raw text for the cloud) of all the post text by a given user.  suitable for a teeshirt as app says.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version