topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DC Forum Members -- Tell Us About Your Website  (Read 40926 times)

satishchandra

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DC Forum Members -- Tell Us About Your Website
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 12:13 PM »
well, i am not in programming but as a professional i have a site which makes ppl aware of my technique of surgery. its www.drgore.in Hope some ppl become aware of our minimally invasive ways.
The site has some surgical videos which my patients find useful to undertstand the technique.

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2008, 01:46 PM »
Wow it is so amazing to see the variety of people's sites. I mean, the variety of people who are using this forum!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Member's *non-software* sites starting with ...
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 11:38 AM »
- no "merge" yet...

Brett is a wonderful skilled photographer, really nice pictures!

- but of course a little sad that the thumbnails leads to more "thumbnails", so to speak. It would otherwise have been so obvious to use these fantastic pictures as wallpapers. I will of course do so, Thank You, Brett!, but first I must use Image Compressor 2008 Pro (to enlarge, not to compress), version giveawayoftheday, like I did on this next clickable one, but the originals were compressed quite a lot, so the result may not be fully satisfying.

Places_Waterfall_2_-_Two_Willows_Photography_(imc1600).jpg, 1600x1068, 129 KB:
Places_Waterfall_2_-_Two_Willows_Photography_(imc1600).jpgDC Forum Members -- Tell Us About Your Website

tomos, what was the other homepage on your mind?  :tellme:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:39 AM by Curt »

brett

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Australia
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 04:48 AM »
Hi Curt, thanks for the feedback, and uncanny in your thoughts.
GiveAwayOfTheDay had a screensaver maker  'Wondershare slideshow builder' (I grabbed it)
so i am going to make available in a screensaver a few categories.
will probably make all shots avail in different size/configs as well for anyone for wallpaper.

My web site is at
http://www.twowillows.com.au

it is built with CMSmadesimple, a CMS that is great for anyone wanting a easy to use web site.
I have setup a couple for others, ie Soccer club, Racing car driver, Golf club,

Photography is a hobby and i am getting more passionate about it as i age. (canon 350d/400d)
must go google 'Image Compressor 2008' now, many thanks Curt

btw.  I edit my photo's with 'Helicon Filter' , software mentioned here at DC, and I am in the middle of a mini review for.
Its quick, simple, and outputs a presentable image in seconds.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:00 AM by brett »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 05:27 AM »
must go google 'Image Compressor 2008' now, many thanks Curt
check out Qimage too Brett for enlarging/printing images - I wrote a sort of a review here (...somewhere here ;))

tomos, what was the other homepage on your mind?  :tellme:

I'll get around to it some evening soon Curt - just need to take a few screenshots ...
Tom

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 09:58 AM »
... must go google 'Image Compressor 2008' now, ...

Quite frankly I will only recommend Image Compressor ("IMC") if you are the kind of guy who think it is just fine to spend a lot of time getting to know a program, and also to wait for it to launch in the first place - it is loading far too  S  L  O  W  . But you must also think a programmer has a natural born right to make his program different from anything else! IMC was primarily made for compressing; the enlargement feature is hard to find and hard to understand how to use. With these reservations, I will say that IMC gives the finest image quality, and that is just about the only reason I am using it! And I use it every day.

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 11:42 PM »
linkerror.com
Misc random projects, some coding snacks I made for dc.
Haven't made much updates to that page lately because I've been busy with my server admin work.

adminking.com
This is the professional website for my new serveradmin startup.

Spaceduck site
This is the web site for the spaceduck game which I was developing quite some time ago. I still plan on finishing it some day, but I suppose for now you can consider it vapourware. ;)

Eternal site
Even older than spaceduck, a roleplaying game I was planning to develop. Yet another thing I hope to finish some day. This is something I'll probably finish on my deathbed or something ;) Just like spaceduck it's dead now because of work and other exciting projects. One of my more-active-but-still-not-so-active projects might actually serve as a platform for this eventually.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 12:01 AM by Gothi[c] »