topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:50 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Guitar & Drum Trainer Software for Musicians Wins Shareware Industry Award  (Read 8431 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Renegade Minds' "Guitar & Drum Trainer" software for musicians won for the third time at the annual Shareware Industry Awards Banquest hosted at the Software Industry Conference in Boston. "GDT" is a specialized program to help musicians of all levels learn new songs quickly and easily by slowing down music, pitch shifting songs, and removing vocals or instruments.
-Executive Summary

GDT4-Main-The-Way-Music-Loops.png

Boston, Massachusetts, July 2008 -- Renegade Minds' "Guitar & Drum Trainer" software for musicians won the "Best Vertical Market Program or Utility Award" at the Shareware Industry Awards Banquet on July 19th. Guitar & Drum Trainer helps musicians of all levels learn new music easier and faster, and runs on Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista.

The Shareware Industry Awards are presented during the annual Shareware Industry Awards Banquet held at the conclusion of the Software Industry Conference. They honor the best software titles in a variety of categories, with nominees and winners chosen by industry professionals and experts from around the world. Past winners include titles popular enough to be household words such as Microsoft Office 2007, Firefox, Google Earth and WinZip, to lesser known programs that are popular in their niches.

Nominated for the awards in 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008, Guitar & Drum Trainer won in 2005 and 2006, and again this year in the "Best Vertical Market Program or Utility Award" category. Ryan Smyth from Renegade Minds was not present to accept the award at the ceremony, but in a blog post expressed his regret at not being able to attend saying that air tickets from South Korea were mostly booked and other commitments prevented his attendance this year.

Guitar & Drum Trainer, or simply "GDT", is specialized software for musicians to learn new music faster and easier. It allows musicians to slow down music, pitch shift songs to the tunings of their instruments, loop riffs and musical passages, and remove vocals or instruments from songs. Despite its namesake, the software works with any instrument, and not only guitars and drums.

The software includes tools and features specifically designed for musicians. Rather than a standard ISO equalizer, GDT centers its 62 equalizer bands on musical notes, and instead of a regular slider for seeking through music, it includes a full and a zoomed waveform display.

Major new features in version 4 of the software include vocal and instrument removal tools as well as the ability to save slowed down and pitch shifted songs as FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) files or MP3s with an additional LAME MP3 encoder download. Other new additions include CD playback, an improved 62-band stereo equalizer and beat detection.

Guitar & Drum Trainer has a free trial for musicians to download and evaluate before they decide to purchase and is available for USD 49.95.

About Renegade Minds

Renegade Minds develops audio software for musicians to learn new music faster and easier. It also develops several other utilities and provides consulting services to a select clientele. For more information, please visit http://renegademinds.com.

About the Shareware Industry Awards

First held in 1992, the Shareware Industry Awards were conceived as a way to honor, and acknowledge some of the best software available that uses the shareware marketing model, also commonly known as the "try-before-you-buy" model. For more information, please visit http://www.sharewareindustryawards.com.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
congratulations Renegade! it looks like you're a major 'player' when it comes to software for musicians. ;)

:Thmbsup:

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Thank-you!

(Cute pun! :D )

I really wish that I could have been there... :(

Airplane tickets, lecturing at one of the universities here in Seoul... This year it just didn't work out.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Congratulations and nice job!

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Great news, well done!   :Thmbsup:

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
congrats Renegade :Thmbsup:
Tom

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wow! Very cool Renegade.  :up: :up: :up:

I'll trial it when I'll have more time. I'm a jazz drummer (or... "was" -- haven't been very active in the last 8 years!), and am learning guitar right now. So... could be handy!