ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to prevent Win+S from sending the system to sleep?

<< < (3/3)

cthorpe:
On Vista Home Premium here and Win+S does a screen clipping in One Note 2007.

lanux128:
@sri: do you have Phrase Express?  ;)  i vaguely remember someone here at DC complaining that a program assigns that key (Win+s) to System sleep, thereby conflicting with another program on that person's computer.

ok, found it.

Yikes!  I once tried Phrase Express and had fits with it. It took over the Win + S key and made it the Sleep key. But I use MS OneNote 2007, which uses the Win + S key for screen grabs - and Phrase Express does not allow their hotkeys to be disabled or modified. The developer's response to my query about this was to tell me to close all other programs that used Hotkeys whenever I used Phrase Express!!

I never used Phrase Express again!

Thanks.

Jim-J-Mac (January 28, 2008, 02:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Source: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12040.0

Curt:
@sri: do you have Phrase Express?  -lanux128 (July 21, 2008, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

- yes, I think sri uses/used-to use Phrase Express:

tinny, did you try the free Phrase Express. I am curious to understand why you would pay up for DA when you can have Phrase Express for free.-sri (October 03, 2007, 09:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, sri, now you have at least one reason to try out DA ...  ;)

lanux128:
good program, Direct Access - i got my copy from a recent giveaway.

lanux128:
just found another thread where TucknDar reports that "PhraseExpress doesn't do that" anymore. so now we can only wait for sri's confirmation. ;)

PhraseExpress doesn't do that now, though. Just tried ;)-TucknDar (May 20, 2008, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version