topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: No choice for screen size  (Read 3348 times)

grandpastan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
No choice for screen size
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:38 AM »
I was given a weather station as a gift. The computer program that came with it,runs on a large screen like 1280 x 768, with no choices. Is there a way to change it in the program, or add choices? I have no experience in programming etc. I have opened a copy of it in Notepad, but it's all greek to me.
“You can tell a lot more about a person by what he says about others than by what others say about him.” Anonymous

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: No choice for screen size
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 12:43 AM »
the short answer is no.
if a program is not designed to let you resize its window then you can't really bypass that in a useful fashion.

the technical answer is that you could probably use a third party experimental program to force the window to a different size, and you might be able to do some resource editing of the form data to resize it.  the first technique is likely to result in a smaller window but all the controls on it messed up.  the second technique is probably not feasible but could theoretically yield a solution but would require a skilled reverser and its hard to know how feasible it would be.

best advice is look for a 3rd party replacement program that is designed better and will work with your weatherstation.