ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

redmine: website tool for collaborative project todolist/wiki, bugtracking, etc

<< < (2/6) > >>

Gothi[c]:
there are many project management apps out there, mainly web based ones... will have to check this one out when i get the time.
-mitzevo (July 19, 2008, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I tried quite a few. So far this is the only one I like enough to stick with.

Shades:
Myself I fell totally in love with JIRA, it does all what RedMine does and then some! It has a web interface (java-based), but the Eclipse IDE has a plugin for it so you can access JIRA directly without leaving the IDE. You can also choose which database it will use (ORACLE, MS-SQL, Postgres, MySQL) and the installation (including database configuration) took me about 30 minutes.

The only bad thing...the annual pricing scheme  :(

Gothi[c]:
The only bad thing...the annual pricing scheme

--- End quote ---
No kidding :) I try to stick to Free software (GPL) for most things I do.

f0dder:
redmine looks pretty nice, thanks for this post!

I was actually just sitting and contemplating giving mantis or trac a go, but for some reason neither of them "does it for me"... but redmine looks very nice, so I think I'll check that out instead :)

Deozaan:
Has anyone who is experienced with these types of tools checked out dotProject? It's another freeware/open source collaborative project tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version