ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

output audio to two devices in Win XP? (PulseAudio?)

<< < (2/3) > >>

scancode:
Is a few msec latency a problem? If not, Virtual Audio Cable [$30] available at http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html#download might do the trick for you.

Simply output whatever you want to play to a virtual cable, and use the KS version of AudioRepeater [http://software.muzychenko.net/audiorepeater_ks_158.zip] to output to both soundcards.

Disclaimer: I have no relationship whatsoever with the named products or coders or aliens.

Nod5:
Hi and thanks for the feedback. I've tried all relevant winamp plugins I've found, including those in that thread, but can't get it to work (alternatively, not working without delay). Also tried AudioRepeater last time I looked for a solution to this but got delay problems. The speaker positions for the two soundcards will be close enough for it to sound weird. I've also searched for some foobar plugin but can't find one that fits the bill. That's why I'm now more leaning towards trying to get two separate mediaplayers instances in sync.

scancode:
Hi and thanks for the feedback. I've tried all relevant winamp plugins I've found, including those in that thread, but can't get it to work (alternatively, not working without delay). Also tried AudioRepeater last time I looked for a solution to this but got delay problems. The speaker positions for the two soundcards will be close enough for it to sound weird. I've also searched for some foobar plugin but can't find one that fits the bill. That's why I'm now more leaning towards trying to get two separate mediaplayers instances in sync.
-Nod5 (February 06, 2010, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Have you tried the Kernel Streaming version? If you use the same settings in both soundcards you shouldn't have any latency issues...

Is getting a 4ch (or more) soundcard out of the question?

JavaJones:
Shoutcast as the source, streaming to dual player instances (Winamp or whatever player), each tied to a different sound card. Since it's streaming from the local system, it should have either no delay, or *equal* delay between each player (provided you set the streaming playback buffers for each player to be the same!). Note that you should be able to setup Shoutcast to play not just MP3s from e.g. another Winamp instance, but also the loopback or line in or whatever else, thus it should be able to stream any audio on your system...

- Oshyan

Nod5:
Hi, tried installing the Kernel Streaming version but couldn't get it work - probably doing something wrong.
I like the shoutcast idea! I'll try to set that up when I have more time (have no shoutcast experience).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version