ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Announcing my new website (superboyac).

<< < (9/16) > >>

tomos:
By the way, what do you people think of my logo?  Don't be afraid to criticize.  I'm just going for a clean, professional look. (see attachment in previous post)
Initially, my slogan was "Only the Good Stuff", but someone said it reminded them of a Kenny Chesney song, which is true.  As I can't stand Kenny CHesney, I had to change it.  "Top of the Line" was a slogan my cousin and I used to say a lot when we were kids and were always trying to find the best things to get.
-superboyac (July 28, 2008, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like it but somehow it looks funny in situ -
maybe if the red line continued across the page? - I'm no designer - I can spot when something could be better but unfortunately usually dont have a clue how make it better ...

I'm a bit unsure of the flash (is it flash?) thingy, but maybe if the logo was made more dominant in the page it might sort that

Armando:
Nice work!  :up:
I agree with Tom about the logo. I'd try continuing the line farther across the page.
I'm not a big fan of animated  stuff either -- unless it allows me to experience (or have  access to) something different, that other parts of the page/links, etc. don't/can't allow. I'm all in favor of pictures/graphics though, when they make the content of the different articles more explicit (like the ones you put to illustrate your different articles).

superboyac:
OK, I've decided to change my slogan again.  Now it will be:
"Uncovering Truth, Beauty, and Goodness"

I don't know what the logo will be yet.

superboyac:
OK, I just put up my first "fun" post.  It's about my coffee mug.  Now, I finally have something in the miscellaneous column.

Yesterday, I made a list of the software that I'm planning to put in the software section.  it includes about 80 little discussions of all the tools I recommend.  I guess that's the section people here would be most interested in.

I still have a lot of work to do on the site to make it look and function the way I want it to.

Since the whole software part was partly inspired by Zaine's great software list, I'm going to have a special feature...for software that we agree on, there will be a nice little avatar indicating.  For software in similar categories that we disagree on, I'll have a fun little dueling icon.

mouser:
It’s like Pay it Forward, only with envy instead of altruism.
--- End quote ---

great read.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version