ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Announcing my new website (superboyac).

<< < (3/16) > >>

justice:
I'd suggest http://websitebaker for any more simpler content managed website it's very logical and clear and there's plenty ways to add plugins to it. That said i don't have any experience with drupal.

nudone:
maybe one of the 'magazine' style themes for wordpress would be right. this would make it look less like a blog and more like a 'magazine' website.

PPLandry:
It took me about 1 day to get used to the Drupal. It is different than other CMS, but so much more flexible and powerful. The SQLNotes website is being re-designed using Drupal (was DNN).

Superboyac, if you need help with understanding Drupal, I can give out a hand, since I just went through it myself!

superboyac:
Thanks Pierre, I don't know what to do at this point.  I know mouser is pretty careful with his warnings, so I have to take that seriously.  I don't want to use something complicated if I don't have to.  And I don't think I need it to be powerful because I'm not going to be doing anything complicated with it.  So, I'll take mouser's advice and avoid Drupal for now.

Now, Wordpress seemed good, especially with the magazine style themes.  However, I was looking at their "page" system, and I don't really like.  Again, Wordpress is great for "posts" or blog entries, but if I'm going to be just using static pages, maybe there is a better option available.

justice, I'm checking out websitebaker.  It looks nice.  I'll have to research other options a little more before making a decision.

Please, keep the advice coming, I'm listening!

PPLandry:
Drupal can do static pages too, not just blog and forum posts. Wordpress is also an excellent environment, but I don't have any experience using it and seems more oriented towards blog posting.

BTW, Drupal and SQLNotes have similarities: You create content (nodes in Drupal, items in SQLNotes) and then choose on which page(s) it is shown. Content is disassociated from pages (unlike many other CMS). So since you know SQLNotes, learning Drupal may be easier for you.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version