Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 23, 2014, 03:47:30 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Show us the View Outside Your Window  (Read 102803 times)
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #175 on: December 03, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »

Nice, f0dder. I didn' post any pics, but that could have been the view out my own window a couple of weeks ago (sorry, this is the only picture I took - I was trying to get the moon over the trees at dusk, with a phone camera):

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
cthorpe
Discount Coordinator
Supporting Member

c++thorpe

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2010, 11:52:04 PM »

Less than one year ago, we lived in a place where people are still wearing shorts...  In August, we moved 2000+ miles to Rochester, NY.

Here is the view out our window this past week...

kyrathaba
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Honorary Member

while(! dead_horse){beat}

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2010, 05:00:10 PM »

Nice pic, cthorpe smiley  Reminds me of winters when I was a kid...

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit-SP1 AMD Athlon II X2 220 Socket AM3 (938) @ 2.1GHz 6GB RAM Firefox 26.0
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm fighting against patent trolls. Join me and tell your representative to support the #SHIELDAct: https://eff.org/r.b6JJ /via @EFF

My DC page: http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com | My blog: http://williambryanmiller.com/ | Proofreading Service: http://bit.ly/1fQSqQP

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2010, 06:15:54 PM »

Here's us today.
Compared to a lot of people, we're having it easy.

Chris
PeterRossy
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2010, 07:29:25 AM »

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2010, 11:30:22 AM »

Here's a photo of the building (condo) where i live, with some effects applied to it to make it more holiday-like:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:59:23 AM by mouser » Logged
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »

Cool effects ... How'd you do that?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »

It's actually an HDR image (though i doubt that has much to do with it except for the fact that the sun doesn't "blow out" the entire image), and a paint-style effect applied to it.

To be specific, the image was shot with a Nikon D300 DLSR that was handed down to me from my father (this camera is pure joy to use and is wasted on me), using Exposure bracketing, with 5 exposures processed by Photomatix in "Painterly" effects mode.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:04:30 PM by mouser » Logged
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »

om nom nom, I miss my DSLR, it just plain wont turn on anymore...kinda overused it haha

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss

rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2010, 04:33:11 PM »

Here's a photo of the building (condo) where i live, with some effects applied to it

Hmmm...  maybe you should dump coding in favour of studying photography under Gregory Crewdson...   Wink
rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »

Ever seen those Scottish postcards that are a blank grey rectangle, with a cartoon Scot in wet-weather gear saying something like, "There's a great view here, when you can see the view?"  I had a similar experience this morning when one of my bedroom windows was so frozen inside that I couldn't see out.  The other gave an extreme soft-focus effect.

* resized_P1010364.jpg (63.53 KB, 614x819 - viewed 172 times.)

* resized_P1010367.jpg (45.01 KB, 819x614 - viewed 164 times.)
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2010, 11:06:18 PM »

Yip, my windows are frozen on the inside also...its annoyingly cold now lol, Ive even left every heating device that we own, turned on full haha.

Its that bad, I even found myself turning on the tumble drier to heat up the utility room (putting the nozzle in the room instead of through the vent) and also using my gas hob cooker to heat the kitchen lmfao

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss

gexecuter
Supporting Member

Move over and give us some room...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2010, 09:59:18 AM »

So i got a brand new camera and decided to take a pic of my bedroom window. As you can all see here in Chile is the midle of the summer so it's damn hot, i always wanted for it to snow a little but that's impossible i guess. Anyway i may take pictures of my city (Quillota) in the future so stay tuned and happy christmas to all.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 10:01:25 AM by gexecuter » Logged

Mouser is made of win and awesome!
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2010, 01:46:03 PM »

(see attachment in previous post)
So i got a brand new camera and decided to take a pic of my bedroom window. As you can all see here in Chile is the midle of the summer so it's damn hot, i always wanted for it to snow a little but that's impossible i guess. Anyway i may take pictures of my city (Quillota) in the future so stay tuned and happy christmas to all.
fond memories Kiss
about 15 yrs ago I did a bit of travelling in Chile and spent a Christmas in Santiago - I did find it odd - 36°C and people playing chess in the plazas(?)
Travelled down as far as Temuco not too far away from you there...

Tom
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2010, 05:44:38 AM »

My bedroom window:

Yes, that's snow.

And downstairs, the snow that was packed up against the door:

and my street:

rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2010, 03:36:58 PM »

I didn't grow the biggest icicles, but mine were the most interestingly-shaped.

* resized_P1010373.jpg (99.03 KB, 1228x921 - viewed 154 times.)
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »

Managed to capute some last shots before all the snow melted cause of the rain.

tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2010, 04:09:36 AM »

lovely snow and ice photos  thumbs up

Yes, that's snow.

ohmy have you been able to dig your way out app ?

Tom
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #193 on: December 28, 2010, 05:52:57 AM »

ohmy have you been able to dig your way out app ?

Snowed in with the most enormous pan of baked ziti ever...don't need to dig out yet. I figure by the time I run out of baked ziti, everyone else in town will have shoveled enough that I won't have to do any at all.  Wink

timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2011, 03:32:21 PM »

Been meaning to upload this for a while now. One misty morning from my window:

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »

Wow, tim, that's very nice!

- carpe noctem
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »

Wow, tim, that's very nice!

Thank you very much! One small upside to the world's bizarre weather - gorgeous rolling clouds of fog under bright sunshine. Nothing like it last year.

4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »

OK, something you don't see much outside my window - the neighbours attempt at rooftop parking.

I was planning to have a leisurely day of nothing but spent 5 hours helping put it rubber-side down and getting it level again.

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2011, 02:41:11 AM »

Christ, 4wd, how'd that happen? smiley

- carpe noctem
4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2011, 02:51:07 AM »

Christ, 4wd, how'd that happen? smiley

He was towing it up his driveway but the rope broke and it rolled back and tipped over the edge.  He was lucky, it's resting on the roof of his shed and didn't go through it.  The roofrack on the Landcruiser also stopped it from completely flipping and continuing down the slope.

After I'd dragged it upright with my Landcruiser, small dent in rear quarter panel the only damage - they build these tough cheesy

Hand winched it sideways a couple of feet and then pulled it backwards to level ground.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 03:00:09 AM by 4wd » Logged

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.06s | Server load: 0.03 ]