ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us the View Outside Your Window

<< < (11/90) > >>

tomos:
I've been meaning to post here for a while
but seeing this reh outside my window today prompted me to finally post (I think they're called "roe" deer in english?) *

here's what I usually look at when I take a mini-break from computer
(weeping willow I think, looks great in the wind esp)

there's loads of suburban style houses too but I wont show you those  :P
Re people being envious of country views I was in town (pop.100,000) last night and was wondering a bit about living on the land ...
Can be too quiet for my taste sometimes

* that was taken with a 3x zoom only so it was quite close - they're tiny deer really, but when they go they could be African antelopes - springing in the air and somehow they seem a lot bigger cause of the power/strength they have

Edit/ from those pictures it could be lots of places but just for the record I'm on northern edge of the Pfälzer Wald in Germany

Darwin:
I was hurtling (as in moving very quickly) down a hill on a country road a couple of weeks ago and a deer kept pace with me for about 10 seconds before bounding into the bushes on the side of the road. Scared the snot out of me, actually! Deer here (Vancouver Island, Canada) are fairly large animals - really make a mess out of a car if you hit one - and I didn't fancy having it knock me off my bike.

Lovely photos, BTW Tom. Olympus 5050 by chance  :D

tomos:
Lovely photos, BTW Tom. Olympus 5050 by chance  :D
-Darwin (August 28, 2008, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks, and, close - 5060 :) still chugging away in spite of being dropped on the floor for a second time recently :-[

dluby:
Can I cheat and use a photograph of from the window of apartment I stayed in on a skiing holiday earlier this year?

Hopefully I can get this picture to display!

Darwin:
thanks, and, close - 5060
-tomos (August 29, 2008, 02:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doh! I was going to go with that, too  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version