Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 20, 2014, 10:06:01 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Show us the View Outside Your Window  (Read 106773 times)
grapeshot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 11:16:50 AM »

Delurking to show my view in sleepytown Wisconsin

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. - Groucho Marx
msgray
Supporting Member

Have fun; will travel.

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 02:32:39 AM »

View from my front window at Bilgola Plateau over Pittwater and Scotland Island.  About 40 kms north from Sydney, Australia
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:04:40 PM by msgray » Logged
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 07:11:57 PM »

Nice - but which bit of Aus?

rearly2
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 10:13:06 AM »

Interesting concept to view the rest of the world ". . . through the looking glass". Could be the title of a good book if Charles Dodgsen had been a writer . . .  cheesy cheesy

Excuse the blurs, as my windows are very old and most still have the older wavy glass in them,

Location is in central Massachusetts, USA,

The flowers are pink Dogwood in early spring in 2006, and the snow is already gone.  tongue

Bob

* DSC00175a.jpg (303.53 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 412 times.)
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »

These are through the window next to my computer, looking into the backyard.

PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 06:45:39 PM »

These are through the window next to my computer, looking into the backyard.
 (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)

@Deozaan

Is the grass always greener on the other side of the fence? smiley
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 08:23:01 PM »

@Deozaan

I'm not sure. I can't see it. tongue

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 10:13:20 PM »

@Deozaan

I'm not sure. I can't see it. tongue

Wattle I do, you're trying to hedge?

Chris
wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 11:12:05 PM »

Deo, your yard reminds me of the movie Over The Hedge. Wouldn't happen to have any furry raccoons in the area, would you? Grin

New website! With a fancy domain name and everything! *gasp*
http://www.wreckedcarzz.com/
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 11:34:59 PM »

Deo, your yard reminds me of the movie Over The Hedge. Wouldn't happen to have any furry raccoons in the area, would you? Grin

Not after that exterminator filled the backyard with exploding laser traps. How do you think those dry spots got there?

Target
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2008, 12:03:35 AM »

Wattle I do, you're trying to hedge?

don't worry, he'll have to picket eventually...

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 08:23:01 AM »

Now, I don't wish to make you ladies and gentlemen envious
but I think you'll agree that the view from my window is simply
the most stunning of those presented in this thread.

Take a look at this and eat your hearts out...

Whoops, I forgot, it was 03:00 when I took this  Sad

Chris
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 10:49:23 AM »

Angry

I live in Seoul... You can see concrete and tangled cables if you look up. My view is horrid and not worth posting.

I'm envious of many of you here...  Sad

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2008, 11:27:51 AM »

Grin I had three homes in Seoul - Mapo, Chongno-3ga (Nokwon Apt) and Kil-dong (end of the purple line/line 5, past Chonho) and I had:

Mapo - a view of an alley - red brick, concrete, and wires
Chongno - a concrete forecourt on the fifth (fourth) floor below me, featuring a movie theatre and a bowling alley. Across the street my office building...  not good
Kil-dong - the street at eye level (lived in a basement apartment - got flooded out in both '98 and '99).

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008, 11:28:57 AM »

I live in Seoul... You can see concrete and tangled cables if you look up.

some of us who grew up in cities miss such things.. post your pic!
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2008, 11:48:38 AM »

For mouser:

Here's the view of my backyard from my computer room, about five minutes ago. NB it's August 20th here  ohmy We had a couple of weeks of weather in the high 20's and low 30's (celsius) and then rain yesterday and today...

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:53:51 AM by Darwin » Logged

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »

Now, I don't wish to make you ladies and gentlemen envious
but I think you'll agree that the view from my window is simply
the most stunning of those presented in this thread.

Take a look at this and eat your hearts out...  (see attachment in previous post)

No worries... jpeg illuminator does miracles.. guess who was hiding outside your bedroom window that morning?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:53:09 AM by PhilB66 » Logged
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »

PS the wasp nest is a fake... Apparently, wasps are exremely territorial and won't build nests within sight of another one. It's worked, so far...

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2008, 06:49:16 PM »

No worries... jpeg illuminator does miracles.

Chris
tsaint
Charter Member

Hi from the a*** end of the earth

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 07:46:23 PM »

Here's my view at the moment in Singapore... there's an army of workers hard at work on 4 x 40 storey apartment blocks right in front of the window tho.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »

tsaint: beautiful.
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2008, 07:51:09 PM »

tsaint - great picture. I was just reading about Singapore's International airport (here, if anyone is interested)! Sounds FABULOUS...

tsaint
Charter Member

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2008, 08:00:58 PM »

Its down to the call of nature (pun intended) I took that pic...no way am I normally up early enough to see the sunrise
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2008, 08:04:28 PM »

Here's my view at the moment in Singapore...

Ah... missed the "at the moment" - thought you were in Oz, and I was right! Hope you're enjoying your visit to Singapore (so, IS the airport that great?!).

tsaint
Charter Member

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2008, 08:11:41 PM »

Darwin,
By way of explanation - I'm on 3 months holiday out of Australia, 2 months of that in Singapore (ma-in-law keeps a room for us at her place)
I just got back here from a month of Europe - england, scotland, france, holland and must say Changi leaves every airport I passed though (I think it was 7) for dead. Cleanliness, crowds, immigration queues, free internet access - singapore leaves them for dead. (Caveat - apart from the budget terminal which is for plebs llike me and for which every expense has been spared)
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.059s | Server load: 0.14 ]