ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Similar program to Ps Tray factory that works on Vista 64-bit.

<< < (9/10) > >>

Darwin:
Excuse the cross-post, but I wanted to make sure that people see this:

Just an update, this build doesn't work on my system at all (Vista 64 bit) - it behaves exactly as does PS Tray Factory 2.5 under Vista 32 bit - it installs fine but the main window doesn't populate with icons to be hidden/shown. I'll keep you updated...

Darwin:
Just thought I'd post to let everyone know that PS TrayFactory 3 has been released. I used one of the recent beta builds and it worked flawlessly. I'm running without it these days, though - see my comments above about Vista's "Hide Inactive Icons" feature. To summarize, it just works...

EDIT: PS obviously the point of this is that it now works well with 64 bit versions of Windows...

J-Mac:
Just thought I'd post to let everyone know that PS TrayFactory 3 has been released. I used one of the recent beta builds and it worked flawlessly. I'm running without it these days, though - see my comments above about Vista's "Hide Inactive Icons" feature. To summarize, it just works...

EDIT: PS obviously the point of this is that it now works well with 64 bit versions of Windows...
-Darwin (March 22, 2009, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Mikey!

OK, I'm a little confused - which I guess is a heck of a lot better than BIG confused! What's different in this version?  (Other than getting absolutely NO notification of the new version other than your post here). The PS Tray Factory version that was available right up until this V.3 release - V.2.5 - was released a looong time ago: November 10, 2006. Two and a half years ago. I can't find any information about what is new in Version 3. The screenshots look pretty much like my current version, 2.5. The FAQ is identical to Version 2.5's. And the online Help pages still have no images - all blank image placeholders - and it covers only up to Version 1.94, which makes it at least five years old. And what about an Upgrade policy for existing license holders? The FAQ states that there is a "significant discount" but I see no way to obtain an upgrade discount; only purchase at full price.

I think I might just stick with the current version here until something comes along that is more actively developed.

Thank you.

Jim

Darwin:
Heh, heh - nice, eh?! As far as I know, the major change is 64 bit compatibility, which is a big one for a lot of people. The other changes are minor (well, the core engine rewrite might be major, but I wouldn't know, not being a developer. I assume this affects the security of the application...):

March 22 2009
PS Tray Factory v3.0 released.
New in this version:
Implemented support of ALL Windows versions 32-bit and 64-bit (XP, Vista, Windows 7)
Core engine rewritten in more safe manner
The tray icon tips can be customized now
Reboot or logoff not required after setup anymore
PS Tray Factory tray icon can be shown in Tray Icons List now
Help system converted into Microsoft HTML Help (chm) format
and more...

--- End quote ---

Source: PS Tray Factory Homepage - under "Latest News". The only reason I knew that this had been released is that I set Check&Get to check the Latest News section years ago and finally got a hit this morning.

EDIT: corrected HTML

J-Mac:
Hmm.. Tray icons can be customized now. Click on Properties and replace the icon with your own. What other customization could be needed? Color change? Most are the program's icon and I don't see changing the color of it as, well... never mind.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version