ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Similar program to Ps Tray factory that works on Vista 64-bit.

<< < (7/10) > >>

Darwin:
OK - I received a reply to a query to PS Tray Factory's developer about a 64-bit compatible version and received a prompt reply with a link to an alpha version of such a release (FWIW it will be version 3.0). It's installed and runnig, though I did have problems with explorer.exe crashing and my taskbar disappearing after install, before I got it running. I"ve asked the developer if he minds me posting a link to the alpha here and will do so if he approves.

Darwin:
I wrote to the developer immediately after making the post above no word, yet, but I'll report back when I do hear form him or her. What has me a bit puzzled is that the purchases were made in 2006... so well before Feb 2008.
-Darwin (November 28, 2008, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

PS I also asked about the licencing issue. The developer assured me that this is fine (though I am not clear on the whys and wherefores) so my mind is at ease  :)

The_Doomer:
Does the 64-bit version of PS Tray Factory work well?  :tellme:

Darwin:
Hi The_Doomer - the beta of version 3 does work well, with a few idiosyncracies... For instance, there are a few icons that keep showing up in my system notification area - PS Tray Factory will hide them for a while and then they'll just show up again. I've sent a report to the developer - hopefully a new build will be out soon. I never did hear back from him about posting a link to the beta here... Worth writing to him directly, though.

Darwin:
OK - just heard back from Sergey, the developer of PS Tray Factory, and he's given me the green light to post the link to the alpha for PS Tray Factory 3.0a: http://www.pssoftlab.com/download/pstrayf30a.exe

This works under 64-bit systems well, with the following caveat: some icons keep being displayed in the system notification area whether you select them to be hidden or not. It appears that those that are affected are for programs that run under the explorer.exe process (Volume Control, Windows Sidebar, etc.) Sergey is working on a fix now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version