ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature Request (v2?)

(1/3) > >>

perlguy:
Anybody else think it would be useful to have FARR also provide "Start->Run" like functionality?  I'd love to only have to use one tool to launch all my programs, docs, and folders via the kbd.  Bascially, if it starts with a drive letter (x:), or a backslash (\), then function like the run dialog, otherwise, do the normal FARR search/alias stuff.

BTW, I just started using it this week, and I love it.  But I'd really like to be able to launch arbitrary folders and programs, that aren't in my folder list.  Any pointers on how this could be accomplished with the existing version?  At a minimum, I could just launch the run dialog from FARR, but I was hoping to cut down on the steps, and not have to think about "do I hit Win+R, or Alt+'? (I use Alt+' since it's closed to home row than Pause, and I don't like losing the normal Alt-Space function.)

TIA

Jim

mouser:
jon -
i've added an alias to do exactly what you are asking -
the next version of F+R will be out in the next week or so and include a whole set of preconfigured aliases, including one to let you easily surf to web pages, and run applications as you say, and do lots of other stuff.

but here's a quick screenshot of the alias to do what you want, after you add it just type, for example: run notepad.exe

kfitting:
Heh heh, how did I know an alias would work!?  I think we should relabel alias' as "mouser's panacea."  However, it is amazing just how powerful they can be... just gotta get your head wrapped around them!

Kevin

perlguy:
I had thought of that already, and it's definitely useful, but that doesn't give me the autocomplete on filename/pathnames that the run dialog gives me.  That's really what I was after. :)

perlguy:
Sorry. I just re-read my original post, and I realized I didn't mention the auto-complete there, specifically.  Anyway, that's what I was really looking for. Thanks again.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version