ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (23/28) > >>

fsieber:
After I "fill" up the first concentric circle, it won't take any more additions drag and drop.  Is this correct for this version, or am I missing something.  Great concept.

VideoInPicture:
After I "fill" up the first concentric circle, it won't take any more additions drag and drop.  Is this correct for this version, or am I missing something.  Great concept.
-fsieber (August 25, 2008, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

There isn't a limit to the number of icons that you can put on the dock. It should generate more concentric circles as you fill up. Maybe what you are trying to do is drag a virtual folder/link onto the dock, which Circle Dock does not support yet. Virtual links include the Recycle Bin icon and My Computer icon on your desktop. If there isn't an actual harddrive address for the file/folder, Circle Dock won't be able to find it. Try dragging some other items onto it.

J-Mac:
Hi Eric.  I have the previous alpha installed on my XP desktop; I'll install the latest when I'm back at that machine. I did want to ask, though, about the rotating or spinning function.  My installation on XP didn't rotate anytime I had it open.  What is supposed to make it rotate?  Or perhaps I had it setup incorrectly.

Thanks!

Jim

VideoInPicture:
Hi Eric.  I have the previous alpha installed on my XP desktop; I'll install the latest when I'm back at that machine. I did want to ask, though, about the rotating or spinning function.  My installation on XP didn't rotate anytime I had it open.  What is supposed to make it rotate?  Or perhaps I had it setup incorrectly.

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (August 25, 2008, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

All versions of Circle Dock have the ability to rotate by using your arrow keys or your mouse wheel. It may be that you turned off the rotation option in the settings panel under General. Try the new version out since it already has the rotation option turned on.

To upgrade from one of the previous Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha versions, you can do this to transfer your old dock items over:

You can upgrade without losing the icons you have placed on the dock in previous versions by going into the Circle Dock directory and System -> Settings, where you see a file called DockItemData.ini. Just copy this file over into the new Circle Dock directory location under System -> Settings.
--- End quote ---

wreckedcarzz:
I like the new options dialog, but the lag to open it (I had a total computer freeze for about 3 seconds) and the modal form is kind of a takeaway. Have yet to tinker with any of the actual options, but it looks like a tweakers dream.

One other problem: I can not drag the Internet off the start menu onto the dock. It just won't take it. The drag/shortcut cursor appears, but nothing happens when I release it (on the circle, or the Orb).

Other than that, I am impressed :)

EDIT: Also, almost no one will notice this, but with a Logitech G9 mouse, if you change the scroll mode from click to constant, and you start spinning the dock icons... lets just say, it has been spinning for over 2 minutes NOT as the active "window" so far. Not really a bug, and kind of cool IMO, but thought I would point it out. (Constant meaning, until it runs out of kinetic energy and slows to a halt - and its been 5 minutes now about 8 minutes total until it stopped!)

EDIT 2: Another thought: Combine the Show and Hide options in the tray menu (or hide one when it is not relevant).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version