ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (11/28) > >>

f0dder:
I will create a source-forge account to host the code since the whole solution is now around 40 megs with the icons I use for testing. I can't host this on wikidot because of file size limitations. I'll post a message when I get the source-forge account set up.-VideoInPicture (August 17, 2008, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
40 megs? That sounds like a lot! You should probably strip it down to only the source files etc. that's necessary to build, and perhaps a minimal set of images - keep the full image/icon set only in the binary release.

Oh, and make sure to clean out any temporary or auto-generated files, stuff like .pdb and .pch (dunno if those are used in dotNET projects?) can grow quite large.

Now I'm curious if a 64-bit Vista user will have the same problem...... Hmm. I'll have to wait and see.-VideoInPicture (August 17, 2008, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Both versions crash on Vista64 as well.

VideoInPicture:
Oh, and make sure to clean out any temporary or auto-generated files, stuff like .pdb and .pch (dunno if those are used in dotNET projects?) can grow quite large.

Now I'm curious if a 64-bit Vista user will have the same problem...... Hmm. I'll have to wait and see.-VideoInPicture (August 17, 2008, 09:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Both versions crash on Vista64 as well.
-f0dder (August 18, 2008, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I will make the source files as small as I can. We'll see what happens.

As for some good news, I think I figured out what was causing the appearance of questions mark images for Dormouse and the crashing for the crashing for the 64-bit users. I'm uploading Alpha 5 right now. I have tested it on Windows XP Professional SP2 with .Net 2.0 and it works fine now with none of the question marks showing up.

I'll post back when the upload is finished.

VideoInPicture:
Okay Everyone,
I think I might have figured out what was cause the crashes on 64-bit machines and the question marks for Dormouse. When Circle Dock references a file within it's own folder, it uses ".\" to signify that the file is within it's own folder. For example, if I wanted to reference an icon in the Circle Dock folder it would be ".\System\Icons\Some Icon.png". However, some systems cannot handle the ".\" shorthand and I must specify the full path in the arguments to create the images in the dock.

I tested this out on a Windows XP Professional SP2 machine with .Net 2.0 and I was able to replicat what Dormouse was getting and the error message that popped up looks suspiciously similar to the ones from the 64-bit machines.

Try Alpha 5 out and it should be better: http://circledock.wikidot.com/local--files/download-circle-dock/CircleDock0.9.2Alpha5.zip

Eric Wong

f0dder:
It's a good idea to always use fully-qualified paths when opening files - there's several things that can cause the current working directory to change, and then opening with relative paths break :)

PS: The file does not exist. for the new download URL.

VideoInPicture:
PS: The file does not exist. for the new download URL.
-f0dder (August 18, 2008, 02:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed. It's working now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version