ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (9/28) > >>

Dormouse:
Rotating your middle mouse buttons rotates the dock, as it should. If you click with your middle mouse button (wheel, press it down), it will toggle the visibility of the dock.-VideoInPicture (August 17, 2008, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Clicking the middle mouse button has no effect on the dock at all.

VideoInPicture:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.BadImageFormatException' occurred in CircleDock.exe

Additional information: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
--- End quote ---

Happens in CircleDock.MainForm..ctor, after the third-last call instruction (happens at address 0000042C , but dunno how useful that is to you, since you're on 32bit and the JITer has JITed for 64bit).
-f0dder (August 17, 2008, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Argh! I wish I had access to a virtual machine with all versions of Windows on it. It's just not possible for me to test the thing on all versions. I'll upload the source code in a bit so that you can debug it with Visual C# Express.

Right now, I'm uploading a modified version with one more exception handling to see if it'll fix the problem. Stay tuned.

Just like mouser, I get the crash after the main form has been painted. XP64/SP2, running with admin privileges, framework v3.5 installed.

VideoInPicture:
Rotating your middle mouse buttons rotates the dock, as it should. If you click with your middle mouse button (wheel, press it down), it will toggle the visibility of the dock.-VideoInPicture (August 17, 2008, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Clicking the middle mouse button has no effect on the dock at all.
-Dormouse (August 17, 2008, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, it might be another program on your computer is hooking the middle mouse button so Circle Dock doesn't have access to it.

Alternatively, press the F1 keyboard button or click on the tray icon to toggle the visibility.

VideoInPicture:
@mouser and f0dder or others that want to try: http://circledock.wikidot.com/local--files/download-circle-dock/CD0.9.2Alpha4.zip

This version just adds an exception handler to the part where it actually draws the dock and pops up an error message if there is a problem. See if it works. This link is not on my download page.

Dormouse:
You can change the centre button by right-click on it and selecting "Change Icon".-VideoInPicture (August 17, 2008, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tried this. The Windows icon disappeared to be replaced by the original circle centre icon. No attempt to change the icon to anything else in the Icon folder worked.

Added a Dock Folder. It added an icon; when I tried to change that icon (can't remember what it was now), all the CircleDock icons originally loaded (but not connected to any programs/folders) disappeared to be replaced by questionmarks. No further attempt to change those icons worked. Actually, when I exited and restarted the program the new icons appeared.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version