ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (6/28) > >>

Dormouse:
I'm not having any problems with it. -Dormouse (July 14, 2008, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Spoke too soon. Still often crashes when I add a program/link. Sometimes will work 2+ times in a row without crashing, sometimes crashes 2+ times without adding a link, but usually crashes the first time I try to add a link but works fine when I restart and add the same link again. Mildly irritating, but I can add all the links I want.

And I use it all the time, having switched one of my mouse buttons to hiding/unhiding it. So thanks.

VideoInPicture:
I'm not having any problems with it. -Dormouse (July 14, 2008, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Spoke too soon. Still often crashes when I add a program/link. Sometimes will work 2+ times in a row without crashing, sometimes crashes 2+ times without adding a link, but usually crashes the first time I try to add a link but works fine when I restart and add the same link again. Mildly irritating, but I can add all the links I want.

And I use it all the time, having switched one of my mouse buttons to hiding/unhiding it. So thanks.
-Dormouse (July 22, 2008, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Those mysterious crashes are will remain a mystery to me until someone with the problem can download the source code and debug it on their system with Visual Basic Express. However, that won't be important for too much longer because....

I'm half way done the rewrite of the new version of Circle Dock. The architecture is now much more modular and efficent. There will be an SDK in the future so that you can write docklets for it. Performance in the new version of Circle Dock is greatly improved and moving things around is much smoother. The new version will also allow you to translate it to various languages with a simple text file. Other features I'm coding include:

*Make the shape of the dock into an oval shape (great for wide screen monitors).
*Direct capablity to map one of your mouse buttons to activate the program.
*Option to make the dock always appear at a certain location.
*Place the dock topmost, normal, or bottom most in the z-order.
*Create virtual folders in the dock to group your icons together.
*Thumbnail previews of capable icons.
*A feature to show what programs are running on your computer within the dock.
*If I have time: Create a button that makes the Windows start menu pop up where you click, like in Object Dock.
*If I have time: Tray icon support.

One feature that is on the backburner is the spiral shape support because I'm working out all the bugs for the circle/ellipse shapes first. However, I hope to add this back in.

I'm testing the program as I go and I'm not getting anything unexpected. I will also be testing it on a multimonitor setup to make sure it works with multimonitor systems. I will release it as soon as it is feature complete. I will be needing some people with 64-bit Windows to tell me if it still works in 64-bit OS's.

wreckedcarzz:
Good to have a report on the progress. Looking forward to the new release! :)

mouser:
I'm happy to help test on win xp pro x64.

wreckedcarzz:
I'm happy to help test on win xp pro x64.
-mouser (July 26, 2008, 02:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ditto that for Vista Home Prem SP1 32bit.

I also have VB Express Edition 2008 installed, I am far from being as good a programmer as you but I might spot something... any help is good help (usually) ;D

EDIT: I am only single monitor so I can't help there, but I have 3 systems running Vista and 2 on XP (all 32 bit, but it still gives a good overall test)...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version