ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (5/28) > >>

VideoInPicture:
I'm going to be rewriting Circle Dock from scratch with a better program design-VideoInPicture (July 14, 2008, 01:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sort of very good to hear this (keen on a better design  :up:, slightly impatient for developments  :-\). Very, very happy to hear that you will continue developing it  :-*.

It's very nice to have something entirely designed around the mouse for those of us who use the mouse most of the time.

One suggestion I would make for the future is hierarchical folders of applications, which can either be opened or closed (as on a folder tree). This is partly as a way of only having the icons I might use right now being visible, but also as a way of grouping icons (otherwise the prog seems to move them about every time the settings are changed).

-Dormouse (July 14, 2008, 03:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Suggestion noted. I'll keep this in mind as I plan the architecture of the program. I'm going to do lots of detailed planning and more code research this time so that I can keep the program flexible and modular.

cranioscopical:
Eric,

Circle Dock doesn't like to move from one monitor to the other on my two-monitor system.
It will move around on either screen but will not cross the boundary from one to the other.
In the attached image the vertical green line represents the division between my screens.

Windows XP Pro SP3.

VideoInPicture:
Eric,

Circle Dock doesn't like to move from one monitor to the other on my two-monitor system.
It will move around on either screen but will not cross the boundary from one to the other.
In the attached image the vertical green line represents the division between my screens.

Windows XP Pro SP3.

-cranioscopical (July 14, 2008, 06:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, that is a weird problem. I don't have a multi-monitor system myself but if you are able to have Circle Dock show up on either monitor, I would expect you to be able to move it across the monitor boundaries. I wonder what the problem might be. I'll need a multi-monitor system to test it out but I don't know of anyone that has one so this might be an issue that will take a while to sort out unless I can just spot it in my code. I just wish that .Net treated a multi-monitor system as a single entity and kept things simplified so these things wouldn't happen. Most programmers just don't care how many monitors you have, just the pixel sizes.

mouser:
I think we need to help Eric (VideoInPicture) get a second monitor.  All programmers need at least 2 monitors.

cranioscopical:
Hmm, that is a weird problem. I don't have a multi-monitor system myself-VideoInPicture (July 14, 2008, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

No worries, just reporting the circumstance.
Presumably others with multi-mon systems don't have this issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version