ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

Windows 7's Taskbar....Err.....Circle Dock for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (4/28) > >>

Dormouse:
Eric I hope you won't take this the wrong way -- but I really cannot wait until you decide to sink your teeth into a project that has a little more practical use and is little less of a proof-of-concept thing.  -mouser (July 13, 2008, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have to say, I would like this project developed beyond the proof-of-concept stage as I see it having a lot of practical use for me. I can see that I might no longer 'need' Object or Rocket docks. OTOH, I do understand that keyboard whizzes might not see the point at all.

PS - the rotation with the mouse scroll button is very, very cool when it is on the edge of the screen. 8) 8) :up:

PPS - I have to agree with Mouser. Seems incredible to me (admittedly a non-programmer) that you can do this in 2 weeks. Not just for the technical skill, but the quality of the ideas behind the program & its implementation.

VideoInPicture:
I've compiled a new version of Circle Dock to try to solve these mysterious crashes. I have compiled Circle Dock 0.9.1 to be used with the .Net Framework 3.5 instead of the older 2.0 version so this should help with stability for those that are having trouble. This also means that you must now have the .Net Framework 3.5 or later installed on your computer to use the program. Instructions are on the download page: http://circledock.wikidot.com/download-circle-dock

Let me know if this new version helps out.

VideoInPicture:
Eric I hope you won't take this the wrong way -- but I really cannot wait until you decide to sink your teeth into a project that has a little more practical use and is little less of a proof-of-concept thing.  -mouser (July 13, 2008, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have to say, I would like this project developed beyond the proof-of-concept stage as I see it having a lot of practical use for me. I can see that I might no longer 'need' Object or Rocket docks. OTOH, I do understand that keyboard whizzes might not see the point at all.

PS - the rotation with the mouse scroll button is very, very cool when it is on the edge of the screen. 8) 8) :up:

PPS - I have to agree with Mouser. Seems incredible to me (admittedly a non-programmer) that you can do this in 2 weeks. Not just for the technical skill, but the quality of the ideas behind the program & its implementation.
-Dormouse (July 13, 2008, 06:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm going to be rewriting Circle Dock from scratch with a better program design because I've learned a lot about what needs to be done for a dock in this first version. I'll be addressing the performance and modularity issues of the current version and I'll be designing the program so that you are able to use current Object Dock docklets in Circle Dock. It might take a while though. Anyone interested in joining the project? The language to be used will either be Visual Basic .Net or C#.

Dormouse:
Let me know if this new version helps out.-VideoInPicture (July 14, 2008, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'de downloaded and installed it (had to copy across the settings from 9.0, but that seemed to work fine).

I'm not having any problems with it. Can't be totally sure that is because of the upgrade as I downloaded .Net 3.5 from scratch (repair installation) which put it back to default, unpatched settings and didn't seem to have any (many?) problems after that.

Dormouse:
I'm going to be rewriting Circle Dock from scratch with a better program design-VideoInPicture (July 14, 2008, 01:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sort of very good to hear this (keen on a better design  :up:, slightly impatient for developments  :-\). Very, very happy to hear that you will continue developing it  :-*.

It's very nice to have something entirely designed around the mouse for those of us who use the mouse most of the time.

One suggestion I would make for the future is hierarchical folders of applications, which can either be opened or closed (as on a folder tree). This is partly as a way of only having the icons I might use right now being visible, but also as a way of grouping icons (otherwise the prog seems to move them about every time the settings are changed).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version