ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

GridMove Identified by Symantec AntiVirus as Backdoor Trojan

<< < (3/5) > >>

jgpaiva:
Actually, I still haven't updated since this topic was started (I know, my bad.. sorry but been really busy)...
I'm glad updating worked for you, mxn!

gdot:
 :Thmbsup: Keep up the good work, jg... Thanks! :Thmbsup:

FWIW, avast! has just spotted GridMove as a false positive, declared itself unable to heal and quarantined.
I whitelisted and "un-quarantined" GMove but the program was "not found" (apparently the quarantine un-quarantine process blew something up).

Closed avast, downloaded new version (new copy of v1192, indeed), re-installed... and  >:( avast! spotted the false positive again.

Believe this issue belongs in avast! forums: how to whitelist an application!  :down:

lanux128:
in addition to white-listing, i believe that the AV vendors should improve their detection routine as well in order to reduce the alarming rate of false alarms. :)

gdot:
in addition to white-listing, i believe that the AV vendors should improve their detection routine as well in order to reduce the alarming rate of false alarms. :)
-lanux128 (October 30, 2008, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, Lanux...

False alarms are extremely boring to you and me, but for the average client the false alarm is perceived as legit, thus improving his/her confidence in the product image, choice and fidelity.

False alarms increase sales... otherwise they would be long gone.

lanux128:
False alarms increase sales... otherwise they would be long gone.-gdot (October 31, 2008, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

that's why AV vendors find it easier label a program as a malware instead. what can i say, fear mongering works apparently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version