ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Reliable web page capture...

<< < (14/16) > >>

PPLandry:
It appears to just be copy/paste of text into a cell. Not sure I would compare that to capturing web pages, unless there is more to it, though I cannot find any instruction or documentation of this anywhere except your post. Is there more somewhere?
-J-Mac (November 02, 2008, 11:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

When you paste the HTML content, make sure you paste in the HTML area (click on HTML button or Alt-H to view it).

As for having to paste both content and URL, you are correct and this will be fixed when the FF/IE add-ons are done. It is impossible to know the URL from what is in the clipboard...

It is simpler to capture the entire page. Simply copy the URL (or drag-drop it) to the URL textbox and check "Copy Content". You can choose HTML or MHT formats

J-Mac:
It appears to just be copy/paste of text into a cell. Not sure I would compare that to capturing web pages, unless there is more to it, though I cannot find any instruction or documentation of this anywhere except your post. Is there more somewhere?
-J-Mac (November 02, 2008, 11:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

When you paste the HTML content, make sure you paste in the HTML area (click on HTML button or Alt-H to view it).

As for having to paste both content and URL, you are correct and this will be fixed when the FF/IE add-ons are done. It is impossible to know the URL from what is in the clipboard...

It is simpler to capture the entire page. Simply copy the URL (or drag-drop it) to the URL textbox and check "Copy Content". You can choose HTML or MHT formats

-PPLandry (November 03, 2008, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Pierre.

Is there a way to paste directly to the HTML pane within the window that the hotkey brings up? I just pasted it in the indicated "Paste" pane on that window.

Thanks again,

Jim

J-Mac:
Qliner site:
"Just hold the Windows key for three seconds and up pops a on screen Keyboard with icons on the keys that are configured. This you can use , not only to remind you of hotkey combinations...." and "Use to quickly look up key combinations "
Your post:
"I sure wish that there was a way in Windows to see all hotkeys that are already assigned to applications"

I don't use qliner ... thought if you wanted to see key combos in use it may be relevant.... feel free to ignore it.

-tsaint (November 03, 2008, 04:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did download it and give it a brief try - not sure what it looks at but it doesn’t show existing hotkeys other than the ones defined by Windows. I'm afraid that the Windows default hotkeys are the only ones that can be viewed. I searched this thoroughly last year and was told quite definitively at the AHK and AutoIt forums that Windows doesn’t keep a record of third party hotkeys. Which is really a pain IMO!

Thanks for the help.

Jim

tomos:
Is there a way to paste directly to the HTML pane within the window that the hotkey brings up? I just pasted it in the indicated "Paste" pane on that window.
-J-Mac (November 03, 2008, 04:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

-PPLandry (November 03, 2008, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Once the add new item window is open, the Alt+H shortcut will give the HTML area focus - then you can paste
When you open the new-item-window first, the focus is in the "item" field which I guess is the equivalent of the Title of the new item. I usually write something there and then proceed to html area and paste

J-Mac:
Thanks Tom.

All things considered, I think I'll use my other web clipping tools until IQ has a true clipper.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version